SFTP can only connect as root... no other user..

• Hello,

I am testing with OMV and I really like the program!
    That being said, here is my issue:

I am testing with the FTP service and SSH.
    I have activated the FTP service and changed the default port to 2222
    I have activated the SSH service.
    I created a user of ftp1 and assigned a password.
    I opened the port on my firewall.

I can connect to the FTP server on OMV if I use the user root.
    It will display a directory listing and I can R/W to the directory. However, if I try to connect to the FTP server using the user ftp1 - the connection fails. "Could Not Connect to Server"
    Permissions on shared folders are R/W
    I am new to setting up sFTP so... any input would be helpful and appreciated.

OMV 1.9
    Thank you for helping.
    Sincerely,
    Kell

• Good morning,

I am using sFTP as I need the security for the transfers.

Thank you and let me know if you need more information to help with my situation.

Sincerely,
    Kell

• ok ... got the connection to work ...thank you!!!

Next question... When I connect I get to the root directory... I obviously dont want that :)...

I have under the FTP tab, shares, I have a directory called "files" that is shared..I need the FTP connection to default into that directory... any ideas how to get that to happen?
    Thank you for your help... it is appreciated very much!
    Sincerely,
    Kell

• OK, with SFTP the most common use is to let a user get in their home directory to access their files. FTP is different. With you are setting up a special folder for access and you don't need SSH. Here is a guide on FTP:

ProFTP w/ Passive Ports setup Guide

Like I said, they are totally different services and many people are confused by that because the names are similar.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!