"Failure try to run: chroot [..]" during installation

• Hi,
    i am trying to install OpeMediaVault on virtual machine in a computer Fujitsu Primergy TX120 with Xeon 3040 Processor on board and VMWare ESXi 6.0. During installation is occured this error :

"Failure try to run: chroot /target Mount -t proc proc /proc"

it is impossible to continue with installation.

how can i resolve this problem?

File used is openmediavault_1.9_amd64.iso

Thanks in advance
    GianDO

• Your downloaded ISO file may be corrupt. Download the ISO again and see if you still have the same issue. Are you installing as a VM in ESXi 6 or are you overwriting the ESXi install?

• virtual machine is created on computer with vmware esxi 6 installed. i downloaded another image openmediavault_2.0.13_amd64.iso, but problem persist.

suggestion?

• Thanks for reply. Now I'm trying to install OMV on a physical machine, but the network adapter (Qualcomm Atheros AR8171) is not detected during installation.
    Is it possible install Open Media Vault (Erasmus) via apt on a Debian distribution (8.1)? This could be the way to solve my problem..

• That error is older than me. Use install language English, don't use Italian. Is also noted in another thread.

Thank you very much. Why in italian version occurs that error?
    I tryed to install the english version and it seems OK on virtual machine, but on physical machine the network adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR8171 is not detected, how can i resolve problem? Can i install driver after installation?

Thanks

• Subzero79, Thank you very much. Why in italian version occurs that error? I tryed to install the english version and it seems OK on virtual machine, but on physical machine the network adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR8171 is not detected, how can i resolve problem? Can i install driver after installation?

Thanks
    G.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why in italian version occurs that error?

You need to ask that to the debian maintainers at their comm channels, IRC, mail list ,etc

I tryed to install the english version and it seems OK on virtual machine, but on physical machine the network adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR8171 is not detected, how can i resolve problem? Can i install driver after installation?

Did you read my first post?

• Quote from GianDO: “Why in italian version occurs that error?”

You need to ask that to the debian maintainers at their comm channels, IRC, mail list ,etc

Quote from GianDO: “I tryed to install the english version and it seems OK on virtual…

The problem with italian version is present on OpenMediaValut only. The same problem on Debian 8.1 seems not exist. On Debian Linux 8.1 there are no problem neither with AR8171 nor italian version.

I'd want to ask you if exist driver for AR8171 by install after system installation

• Offizieller Beitrag

The driver won't be available at install. It will be available when you boot for the first time into kernel 3.16 that comes with the ISO I posted first. That kernel 3.16 is the same kernel shipped in Debian 8. That's why the nic works in
    Jessie.

the Italian problem comes from Debian 7 installer which is what omv uses

i am rephrasing the exact same thing I posted first.

• The driver won't be available at install. It will be available when you boot for the first time into kernel 3.16 that comes with the ISO I posted first. That kernel 3.16 is the same kernel shipped in Debian 8. That's why the nic works in
    Jessie.

the…

Well, you tell me what are the differences between your ISO and OMV 2 that I would like to install?

• The 3.16 ISO comes with 1.9 version of omv. The other one comes with omv 2.1 but with kernel 3.2.
    use the one on the link install then upgrade the packages and follow the upgrade guide and you'll be in 2.1

Thanks, as I saw in the file name that appears 1.14, I thought that it was an older version with an updated kernel ..
    But if you tell me that I can upgrade to 2.1, the problem is solved. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

• Thank you all, the installation problem seems to be resolved with the ISO image suggested by subzero79

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GianDO () aus folgendem Grund: change text

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!