USB installation failed at partitioner

• Hi,

I'm trying to install OMV on an USB thumbdrive from another USB thumbdrive but I'm stuck at the "Starting up the partitioner", 50% with status Scanning disks. The last few lines logged in the log (alt-f4) is:

partman-lvm:
    partman-lvm: No volume groups found
    partman-lvm:

It just stuck there for so long, reinstalling will stuck again at the exact place.

I've disconnected all my other hard disks from the system, the only ones left are the USB installer and another USB drive (4GB) that is intended to be the boot/root drive.

My motherboard is Intel DM945GCLF2 running on ATOM 330. Any help is really appreciated.

• Somehow I can now proceed with the installation, no idea which one of the following causes it:

1. Re-dd the ISO into the installer thumbdrive
    2. Repartitioned the destination from Win95 (FAT) to Linux

• I guess I'll abandon all hopes .. installation went smoothly but ended up with "No bootable device" error when booting. Did few installations using different USB thumbdrives and all ended up with this error.

• Zitat von "wiraone"

I guess I'll abandon all hopes .. installation went smoothly but ended up with "No bootable device" error when booting. Did few installations using different USB thumbdrives and all ended up with this error.

Have you installed boot loader in last installation step? (Not leave the field blank when asked to install boot loader).

• Finally .. there is an option in the BIOS under Boot menu, USB Mass Storage Emulation Type. It was set to All Removable, so, I changed this to Auto and walla, the GRUB screen coming out and booting from the USB drive.

So, for those who have the same motherboard as mine and having problem with booting from USB drive, you may want to change it to Auto instead of All Removable (standard config).

• I had this too. It took me almost 2 days to find out that it was the usb-drive that was the problem (either as install-drive or boot disc). Changed it to another one and installation went like a breeze.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!