openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Rsnapshot change start time

no_jah

No device in Shares dropdown for SMB/CIFS after botched upgrade.

subzero79

Virtualised Desktop on same machine

X10ded

No network interface displayed in System > Network > interfaces

ryecoaaron

Migrating from OMV plugin to portainer?

Blabla

Recent Activities

• no_jah -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Rsnapshot change start time.

Then perhaps one option would be to first copy /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/rsnapshot to some other filder and then edit lines 48-52, and then have a scheduled job copy it back to /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/ and overwrite the rsnapshot file in…
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread No device in Shares dropdown for SMB/CIFS after botched upgrade..

Quote from odinb: “So you are saying to hash out/remove: "UUID=f7e3bc30-c184-4f4d-aa81-b87ffeb6d844 /media/f7e3bc30-c184-4f4d-aa81-b87ffeb6d844 ext4 defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl 0…
  • Adoby -

You could try it, but they are likely to be overwritten when updating. See this thread: Does anyone know how to make RSnapshot's cron file stick Also, we are discussing the rsnapshot plugin. I assume that you could simply install rsnapshot proper and…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from no_jah: “I found these two files /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot and /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot, will none of them make rsnapshot run at the specified times? ” Yes but as I mentioned previously, changing those will not be a permanent…
  • X10ded -

Replied to the thread Virtualised Desktop on same machine.

Ahh, fair enough. I'll have a look into it
  • Adoby -

What HDD limit? With my RPi4 I have a dual HDD USB3 enclosure with 2x8TB HDDs. I have tested it with 2x12TB HDDs and it worked fine. I suspect that 2X16TB HDDs would work fine as well. There are USB enclosures with room for even more storage. I'm talking…
  • no_jah -

Ok, I see. I found these two files /etc/cron.d/openmediavault-rsnapshot and /etc/cron.d/rsnapshot, will none of them make rsnapshot run at the specified times?
  • X10ded -

Cool, I'll have to have a play with it Wanted to move away from the pi due to the hdd limit, so thought i could combine it into 1. Was going to go for wd red/ ironwolfs 4tbs and a purple and an ssd for oses
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread No network interface displayed in System > Network > interfaces.

How did you set a static ip initially? How did you install OMV 5.x?
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Migrating from OMV plugin to portainer?.

Thanks for the help. For the deply I saw many videos from techodad already :)