openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello dear community,

I have a question about the source of the package.

I have OMV installed without internet access, so I could not specify a package source and therefore no one was installed.

Of course there is the possibility to add the sources later in /etc/apt/sources.list and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list.

But I do not want to grant my NAS Internet access in the future and implement it only in the home network.

Therefore the question:
    Can I also manually install the updates, that is, the data that is normally automatically deployed from the package source?
    If so, can you tell me which file I can insert, so that I can see the updates in OVM without being automatically pulled from the internet?

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards
    Andy
  • New

Hello, everybody,

I installed the OMV on an old PC to convert it to a NAS. Then I grabbed old webcams, soldered USB cables to them and my Windows notebook found them as USB cameras as expected. For this I bought two cheap IR emitters with integrated photo cell, which are simply operated with 12V. These are there to give the cameras hidden light in the dark, so to speak.
    Now to my question: Do I have the option of connecting the two USB cameras directly to the OMV, so that it can possibly use a plug-in to make motion detected recordings?

Thanks everyone and also to everyone working on this incredible Project named openmediavault!

Soberz
  • New

I've been reading a LOT about OMV the last few days and I'm ready to get busy. The docker stuff is amazing and I'm going to migrate my emby setup to the OMV machine when all is said and done. Since I'm starting new I'd like to do this right the first time...

I notice a lot of people balk at using a USB drive for boot. That doesn't bother me with the flash plugin. I built a test setup last night to poke around and used an SD card and once it boots the interface is plenty fast. With that in mind I believe Techno Dad Life liked a USB for boot, an SSD for scratch/downloads/whatever and then big drives for media etc. Tell me if I have this right...

USB is just Debian and OMV and extras/plugins. Uses 8 gig regardless of drive size.
    SSD is for docker containers/app data and downloads and things that will be used locally on that machine or moved around to media shares.
    Media share drives are obvious.

Is that pretty much right? I watched the Techno Dad Life video on one drive setup and it…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

exitcode0

Access OMV web interface through Letsencrypt dockers proxy

maartsurf

No webgui + no update + python error

ryecoaaron

Manually add files to the package data!?

ryecoaaron

My OMVNUC Nas

ottoking

Recent Activities

• exitcode0 -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from PackElend: “did I miss one? ” Have you looked at the Atomic Pi? (Also sold on Amazon.) The price point is good. It's X86, 64bit, fanless, but Atom based, so it may not be suitable for heavy transcoding. The big breakout board may have…
  • maartsurf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Access OMV web interface through Letsencrypt dockers proxy.

Attached a screenshot of the message. I've tried it from different endpoints, browsers and connections, so that firewall/proxy message does not refer to my home network setup.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread No webgui + no update + python error.

2gb of ram should be fine. OMV runs well on many arm boards with only 1GB ram. I would first run omv-aptclean (omv-extras needs to be installed). Also, how old is the usb stick?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Manually add files to the package data!?.

Quote from hpoperator: “Can I also manually install the updates, that is, the data that is normally automatically deployed from the package source?” I don't know why you would want to punish yourself and do this. While you could download the…
  • ottoking -

Replied to the thread My OMVNUC Nas.

Maybe a little off-topic but another way to display containers: ctop
  • PackElend -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

@abali, which SBC did you chose I have the similar use-case as you described in Quote from abali: “I am planning to build a 7/24 home NAS with emphasis on low consumption, low (preferably zero) noise with 2x3.5" SATA HDDs. I do not need RAID. I will…
  • hpoperator -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Manually add files to the package data!?.

Thread
    Hello dear community, I have a question about the source of the package. I have OMV installed without internet access, so I could not specify a package source and therefore no one was installed. Of course there is the possibility to add the sources…
  • Virgil.A -

Replied to the thread Surveillance camera system with OMV.

There is a tutorial done by @TechnoDadLife is probably on the forum in tutorials but check this video he made youtube.com/watch?v=oNH9_y5Kirk&t=57s should help you to setup the soft.
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move docker /var/lib/docker folder on external drive.

The main issue for me is to get a proper copy of my original docker in my appdata folder but I only get only a partial copy of the docker folder I am using rsync -avr --progress /var/lib/docker /sharedfolders/AppData/data/docker and after for the link…
  • Quote from gderf: “Deluge supports two types of SOCKS5, with or without authentication. ” My Streisand server has detailed instructions for setting up a Socks connection but doesn't specify anywhere what the "username" required by Deluge needs to be,…