Local DNS, DHCP

crashtest

ZFS to use more than 50% ram?

cabrio_leo

Any news on OMV Extras for OMV 5?

Agricola

Recent Activities

• table681 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Handbrake keeps crashing.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Maybe try installing handbrake on the host and run it to see if it works. ” Just to confirm I have done that multiple times
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

To connect to your OMV via an OpenVPN connection, you need to use the local, private IP address of your OMV machine once you have established the VPN connection. Using the WAN address that your OMV is connected to, or any domain name that resolves to…
  • ravennevar -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

Quote from noiro: “Can you please define "securely" ? port forward from your router to the installation of OMV ( I assume it is https:// and you are not using default password) done Are you afraid of exposing OMV to internet ? Why? Change port for…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread Local DNS, DHCP.

So, you have a hybrid setup. Since there's no way to know for sure what the impact would be with a static address, to keep everything functional, it might be best to setup a permanent DHCP lease at your router. On the CLI, you can find the interface…
  • GuyFromMars -

I have an x86 running Debian 9 with KDE Desktop Environment (running a RealVNC server allows me to easily remote connect to my server). I installed OMV 4 on top. Wired Gigabit Ethernet port connected to Router.
  • crashtest -

Quote from GuyFromMars: “need help figuring out why my OMV setup wont let me acess Network interfaces or set them up. ” Are you running an SBC? If you are, do you use a wired connection to your network?
  • Adoby -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Dockers and file accessibility (newb question).

Like (Post)
    The answer to your question is in the documentation for the docker.
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ZFS to use more than 50% ram?.

Quote from savellm: “So I've got a fairly happy working setup, but noticed that ZFS will not use more than 50% ram. ” This is the default behavior of Zfs on Linux. You can modify it by creating '/etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf'. Also some aditional work is…
  • GuyFromMars -

I do, however, need help figuring out why my OMV setup wont let me acess Network interfaces or set them up. I would like to fix that, as I currently cant set my box up for a static IP via OMV.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Any news on OMV Extras for OMV 5?.

At least it worked for me a few days ago with omv5 on a Odroid h2.