openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

You've heard it before -- "...I'm building a NAS...I need..."

GeekGrrl

Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected.

RPi 3B+ running OMV 4: Problem with update/upgrade and vcgencmd

How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install

Remko

The Class E Network

geaves

Recent Activities

• GeekGrrl -

Replied to the thread You've heard it before -- "...I'm building a NAS...I need...".

If it’s on your router I don’t see the use for multiple connection unless you need to connect to different relay servers for location
  • keribi560 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Cannot see file system after 2x to 4x upgrade! Disk is detected..

Thread
    I built another OMV box with with 4.1.13-1 (old box was 2x stoneburner). The 2x raid 5 array transferred to 4x fine but I have another 3tb drive from the 2x box (not in the raid array) that is detected but does not show up in the file systems. I DO NOT…
  • Remko -

Replied to the thread How to install VirtualBox on a baremetal OpenMediaVault install.

• geaves -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Well so far pi hole running on Raspbian Lite is a PITA!! the pihole-FTL keeps coming up with dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use having searched for a solution most appear to be related to Ubuntu. The web gui…
  • bad_boo -

Replied to the thread Speed Transfer, Very slow.

ok I have an update. I called the ISP and after testing, with speed test, I realized that wifi download speed is like around 36 Mbps and my wired desktop is 10 Mbps. I guess it has to be my equipment. Btw I have a pretty long cat5 wired to my PC, so I…
  • scarabaeus -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Openmediavault-backup - Command DD - Restore backup.

• Quote from Stramm: “Dein Strato Account muß es Dir erlauben, den CNAME Eintrag zu ändern.Wenn das eingerichtet ist, landest Du schon mal bei Aufruf Deiner Subdomain bei Deiner Fritzbox. Um auf das Nas zu kommen mußt Du noch Portfreigaben…
  • gtj -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Hello. I'm new to OMV and have set my server on a Odroid XU4 with Pihole, NextCloud and Transmission plugins. Performance is great and way above what I was expecting. Nevertheless, I'm always keen on experimenting. So I own a Voyo Vmac mini with an…
  • gtj -

Replied to the thread Quite cheap NAS build - please advice.

Hello. I have a Voyo Vmac 1 with Intel's N4200 and considering transferring my build from an XU4 to this one. I currently run PiHole, Transmisison and Nextcloud plugins along with the OMV build. Am I going to see any performance upgrade if I transfer…
  • zapato -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved NFS (vers=3) locking not working with default 4.x build (with solution).

Hi all, I confirm the problem on OVM4 : 4.1.13-1 The solution is ok is working for me. Thank you