openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I've noticed for the past week that all my logs in Docker were one long run-on line while viewing them in the OMV web interface. And I thought it was just an odd bug in Docker and eventually I'd find a way to fix it or it would correct itself. Today I went to install a new plugin from OMV-extras (the openvpn plugin) and saw the exact same behavior. The log of what the installation of the plugin was experiencing was a single long line and it kept growing as more data was displayed. I'm not sure what to do to even begin to address this issue. Suggestions please?
  • New

Hi,

ok, I admit I have not looked closely at drives and file systems for a while, my box has been running for some years and survived all the OMV migrations/updates I put up for it.

Since my drives are now >6 years old I thought about activating automatic notifications especially for SMART events, which I did yesterday. Tonight I got a mail "A DegradedArray event had been detected on md device /dev/md/126_0"

Looking at the GUI I'm not sure what to make of this, it says md125 is degraded (not 126)??

[Blocked Image: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/29ea/1ppdowzawz6dpvqzg.jpg]

Can you shed some light on what these partitions really are and whether the "degraded" warning is something to worry about?

Best regards

Mark.

System looks like this:

Source Code

1. Personalities : [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid10]
    2. md124 : active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdd1[0]
  • New

Hello all, I am new to the forum and the Raspberry Pi. I downloaded the OMV 4 and OMV 5 images, tried burning to SD Card using both etcher and Win32 Diskimager but they won't boot n the Pi. I have a Pi 3 B, help. Where can I get a true OMV image thats not a ISO file. I've tried NextCload and it booted fine, but I'd rather use ONV to set up a NAS for my home network. help?.
    ;(

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Windows 10 Build 1809 und OMV Shares sind in der Netzwerkumgebung verfügbar.

Konsti

Harddisk full!?

ryecoaaron

pihole and OMV weirdness

dojrude

ZFS Hardware requirements

raulfg3

Please help with this partition layout and error

markus-fried@gmx.de

Recent Activities

• Konsti -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Windows 10 Build 1809 und OMV Shares sind in der Netzwerkumgebung verfügbar..

Hi everyone (and happy new year) sorry to come back to this issue, please your input is very appreciated. I am not proficient in Linux but a power MacOS user and know my way around CLI a little but not expert in Linux commands. I read the thread (that's…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Harddisk full!?.

You might be out of inodes. What is the output of: df -i
  • matkoh -

Replied to the thread Harddisk full!?.

Here some additional information: I tested the harddisk with f3probe and it finds no problems: Source Code (20 lines) And here the output from fdisk: Source Code (25 lines)Matthias
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

if I get time tomorrow, I might spin up another instance of pihole on another ip and see if I have the same issue from OMV.
  • raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Quote from HannesJo: “Quote from raulfg3: “I use ZFS and for new disk is normal that do not show errors unless some hardware have problems ( I hava SATA cable errors and SATA enclosure errors), so you can expect years of none errors in normal…
  • dojrude -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x pihole and OMV weirdness.

All docker containers (including pihole) are already configured using Mac_vlan networking with dedicated ip addresses for each container. Is this what you mean? pihole is not using bridged networking and neither is OMV.
  • 5xeVo -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) ZFS Hardware requirements.

Like (Post)
    Quote from HannesJo: “Rot bits actually occur astronomically rarely ” OK, first realize that "astronomically" large numbers apply to modern day hard drives. Where talking about "terra-bytes" these days where 1 terra-byte is a Trillon bytes or 8…
  • markus-fried@gmx.de -

Replied to the thread Please help with this partition layout and error.

thanks for your answer... since the drive has been in operation for quite a few years and if I remember correctly was used for a test install before, the partitions might me remnants of this. ...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV inside of a container.

Quote from kze: “Is it doable? ” Nope. OMV doesn't work in a container. I fail to understand why you Ubuntu as the OS (and I am a big Ubuntu fan) if you intend to use it for a NAS? Quote from kze: “i understand how lightweight virtualization…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x ISO to IMG.

Quote from burnin: “For some reason there are no special RasPi images right now. ” And there won't be. Raspbian Buster Lite is very good and the install script makes it easy to get OMV installed correctly and up to date.