The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Error with backup plugin

James_Sheeler

SMB/CIFS access denied for any user, except one

ccompagnon

Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'.

Involute

Guide for Setting Remote Management

gderf

Handbrake keeps crashing

table681

Recent Activities

• Flashman007 -

Liked bvrulez’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    My hardware setup is - CPU x64 - RAID6 with 7 disks (yes, I will change to snapraid) - SSD with operating system OMV4 connected to SATA port - backup flash USB option (if SSD does not work, I plug in usb and restart) - The BIOS boot order should be…
  • James_Sheeler -

Replied to the thread Error with backup plugin.

Also get this message sometimes when using SMART to check drives /etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  • James_Sheeler -

Posted the thread Error with backup plugin.

Thread
    I'm using fsarchiver and getting this error message mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device E: Could not get lock /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable) E: Unable to lock directory…
  • ccompagnon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x SMB/CIFS access denied for any user, except one.

New update – I had an idea. I mounted an external USB drive on the OMV server, formatted it, added a directory and set the access to my new user. And it works. Then, I guess my issues come from technical access rights at the level of the disk…
  • Involute -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'..

Aah, I did not know that! That's a great piece of arcana. Thanks!
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'..

In your web browser, not the webUI. What I meant was make sure you're on the webUI URL. On most browsers, holding Cntrl and clicking Refresh.. clears the cache for that URL and reloads it without affecting your other cache data. It's a good thing to…
  • Involute -

Thanks. I guess I'll skip it then. For future reference, though, where's the Refresh button in the webUI? Here's what I'm looking at:forum.openmediavault.org/index…da86c96519f52d56e63129225
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Guide for Setting Remote Management.

In your VPN settings under routing you have 172.17.0.0/16. Where did that come from? I would have the private network of the machine there. But I do not use this VPN setup myself. If I needed inward VPN access to my network, it would be running on the…
  • KM0201 -

Try holding Control and clicking the Refresh button while on the OMV webUI... Regardless.. Shellinabox will not be ported to OMV 5 here in a few weeks when it releases, and I would not anticipate getting a ton of support trouble shooting this. If you…
  • Involute -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Failed to execute XPath query '//services/shellinabox'..

Thread
    Newb here. I'm following along with the Beginner OMV Raspberry Pi installation video, installing OMV 4 on a Pi 4. I'm 45 seconds from the end with no problems until the part where Shellinabox gets set-up under Services. As soon as I click on…