openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Reconfigure the Nas drives

SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly)

gderf

Some help with installing mariadb with protrainer

jpc0480

Docker issue installing Handbrake on RPI

Device loading

Recent Activities

• Kishan -

Posted the thread Reconfigure the Nas drives.

Thread
    Is it possible to transfer windows raid to OMV or can we transfer raid array created in OMV to windows in case of a boot drive crash ? Sent from my SM-M107F using Tapatalk
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

My diff, sync, scrub cycle starts at 3:00am and takes 2 1/2 hours to complete. It runs every fourth day.
  • wepee -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Like (Post)
    Quote from wepee: “The is biggest Disaster will ever happen to me ......all data previously saved on the crashed disk WILL NOT be recoverable since a SYNC command was automated at hourly interval, am I right? ” An hourly interval will not do you…
  • jpc0480 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Some help with installing mariadb with protrainer.

Just want to add that I'm trying to get mariadb running locally for my media to sync library status across all of my devices at home
  • wepee -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Quote from gderf: “Reading a disk will not interfere with SnapRAID. Writing new content to a disk while a sync is running will likely trigger a warning suggesting you rerun the sync when it completes. ” @gderf ok thank you, the general thumb of rule is: …
  • wepee -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SnapRaid + Unionfilesytem + Cron = snapraid sync (scheduled to run hourly).

Like (Post)
    Reading a disk will not interfere with SnapRAID. Writing new content to a disk while a sync is running will likely trigger a warning suggesting you rerun the sync when it completes.
  • Ryan -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker issue installing Handbrake on RPI.

Thread
    After watching a TDL video, I decided to install handbrake with Portainer, however after following the videos instructions i got the error: "standard_init_linux.go:211: exec user process caused "exec format error" After browsing the forums I discovered…
  • jrod10133 -

Posted the thread Device loading.

Thread
    Hey guys I'm trying to setup openmediavault I follow the official installation guide from the GitHub website but I'm stuck trying to load my external hd for some reason every time I try to create a file system And I click on select devices nothing is…
  • curious1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Quote from henfri: “you can try the same again on the original: mount with the two options btrfs check btrfs info ” Original drive: btrfs check /dev/sda Checking filesystem on /dev/sda UUID: fdce5ae5-fd6d-46b9-8056-3ff15ce9fa16 checking…
  • jpc0480 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Some help with installing mariadb with protrainer.

Thread
    I don't know what I did earlier but I installed mariadb without any issues. Now when I try to deploy the container through App Templates.. I keep getting the error: No such image: mariadb:latest I pulled the image from the "Images" menu. Somewhere I…