The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700

• KuZu
  • KuZu

KuZu

Neue Hardware - CRC-Fehler in JDownloader New Hardware - CRC Errors in JDownloader

Please wait ... Apply configuration changes

Quiksmage

URBackup Server NEWBIE

tannaroo

NanoPi M4 3-bay or 4-bay MicroNAS 7.7TB+ RAID-storage - most compact and low consumption

fanex

Recent Activities

• KuZu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700.

It's a 2u server. Been looking at a lot of this stuff lately, would seem like the H200 would be a better fit due to how the chassis was designed, the H310 cards ports would be blocked off. Is it easy to flash a card to a different firmware? Any idea…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Please wait ... Apply configuration changes.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you have a large amount of filesystems, it can take a long time too. ” That would make sense I guess since I'm using about 26 disks now. Thanks for letting me know! Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Depends. If your Linux…
  • tannaroo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

i cant connect to openmediavault network at all, so i have just entered the ip address of OMV within file explorer to access. i guess i am doing this wrong?
  • fanex -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NanoPi M4 3-bay or 4-bay MicroNAS 7.7TB+ RAID-storage - most compact and low consumption.

I don't know, does it counts, but I installed OMV5 (and returned to OMV4) on my netgear Stora NAS. Conveniently Netgear stops support this NAS and recommends backup all data and throw device you paid for away. I used single usb port for 8Gb usb…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

Can't reproduce the issue. Are you connecting to the folder via samba? With which user?
  • Hallo Zusammen Ich bin neu und habe keine Ahnung, soviel zu meinem Ist-Zustand. Ich würde gerne für ein Projekt eine Webseite machen und Videos welche ich auf einem Odroid HC-2 gespeichert habe bzw. auf deren Festplatte und mit OMV läuft, darauf…
  • hen3bosch -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread [HOW-TO] Connect to OMV SMB shares with Windows 10.

Like (Post)
    1) Update OMV4 to latest version 2) In OMV create a user with a unique name and password, in this example User John with password Doe123 forum.openmediavault.org/index…eb578e7345edac7ae3e4204b1 3) Assign this user to group sambashare (and if you want…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700.

Quote from KuZu: “MS? ” Microsoft, either Microsoft Sever or Windows 10. Quote from KuZu: “What do you reckon I get and put into the R710? ” Another Dell Perc card that has been or can be flashed to IT Mode, there is a Reddit thread here in essence the…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x problems setting up NAS.

How did you give the RPi a fixed ip before installing it? And why? Try installing with just plain DHCP.
  • Blabla -

Replied to the thread AMD vs Intel for 50TB NAS build.

The biggest advantages of Intel is that it support Hardware transcoding under linux with the integrated GPU. Plex only support AMD hardware transcoding on Windows. You still can buy a cheap nvidia card and use it for hardware transcoding. In that case I…