The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 5.0 + Docker - Suggestion

ryecoaaron

NodeJS app on OMV server

ryecoaaron

Missing Logical Volume... mount points gone... I might have trashed it... hoping it can be recovered

lorax1284

Lose connection with large files - xattr searching failed

tkaiser

Flash Memory Plugin

tkaiser

Recent Activities

• ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) OMV 5.0 + Docker - Suggestion.

Quote from ZiemaF: “I am particularly interested in OMV5 because (Debian 10) it will support my intel i5-8600k processor. ” OMV 4.x uses the backports 4.19 kernel by default and this is the exact same kernel that OMV 5/Debian 10 uses.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NodeJS app on OMV server.

Quote from mateMathieu: “I would like to know if you still agree with your own statement. ” Why wouldn't I? Quote from mateMathieu: “I would be glad if you can argue and develop your ground of thinking about this. ” Not sure what you are looking…
  • Quote from henfri: “But it looks like pvscan found everything. Can't you just mount it on the command line? ” It says "0 logical volume(s)... when I use vgconfig -ay so that's the problem I need to solve. Is it solved by mounting it? I tried using…
  • But it looks like pvscan found everything. Can't you just mount it on the command line? By the way: everything is stored inside the logical volume
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Lose connection with large files - xattr searching failed.

Quote from HighTower: “My disk connected to Rasberry Pi 3 is MyBook, hfsplus formatted ” Really bad idea and even worse than connecting NTFS disks to an OMV NAS. Reasons (in the links there): Cannot access some NTFS folders from Windows7
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin.

Quote from sweetbb: “I am refering to my NetGear ReadyNAS and SeagateNas systems, both state they do not support drives larger than 4TB ” Sure, I understood that they claim there would be a 4TB limit. But there exists no technical reason for this…
  • Adoby -

Most likely there are updated hardware compability lists for both NAS available somewhere online. Specifying models and sizes for HDDs that can be used. Might depend on the age and model of the NAS when/if updates to the hardware compatibility lists has…
  • HighTower -

Wrote a comment on HighTower’s wall.

Wall Comment
    You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward....
  • sweetbb -

Hard to believe since there is no 4TB barrier. If 3 TB work, then 3072 TB should also work. But maybe an artificial restriction and not related to OMV anyway. I am refering to my NetGear ReadyNAS and SeagateNas systems, both state they do not support…
  • mateMathieu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NodeJS app on OMV server.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I would seriously considering running node.js apps in a docker. ” Sorry to bring that thread back up, but I would like to know if you still agree with your own statement. I would be glad if you can argue and develop your…