openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Good morning, I've been trying to install omv 4 on my new raspberry pi 4 for several days but it's impossible for me. I have searched for information on this forum and the network but nothing I prove solves my problem. I don't know what I can do wrong. The steps I follow are the following:

- Download omv from the following link
    - Copy the image to an sd card with the Balena Etcher software.
    - I insert the sd into the raspberry, I connect network cable and power
    - I wait until the green LED stops blinking
    - I locate the ip assigned to the raspberry from my router
    - I try to access via web and I get the message "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED".

I have tried with 3 different sd cards, assigning fixed ip by dhcp, with several network cables and in several ports of my router. I have also tried to install Hassio on the raspberry and I had no problems so the raspberry works well. What else can I try ?. Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.
  • New

Hi,

I configured autoshutdown 5.0.2 to check only one IP address, 192.168.2.4, by putting just this single address into the GUI "IP range" field. However, the script always checks the full range 192.168.2.2 ... 192.168.2.254; this is also the list in /tmp/autoshutdown/pinglist. If I delete that file, it is recreated. The /etc/autoshutdown.conf entry reads RANGE="192.168.2.4" which looks good for me.

A bug in creating the pinglist ? I tried to check /sbin/autoshutdown.sh on my own but :/ unfortunately I am not a bash enthusiast... that syntax is beyond my skills ?( , sorry.

Regards, Wumpus

• New

I have had my OMV machine off for a while now and am on and old version. I was going to start back up the server but I want to try something besides OMV. Will my data get erased only have 1 hard drive at 1tb and another drive with the OMV on it.

If I disconnect the os drive and boot up a Linux server would I be able.to have access to the files on the hard drive?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • New

Hi All,
    I'm trying to clean up my server and have stumbled upon some errors in my log file. evrything is working, so maybe it nothing to worry about.
    In my log file over and over it seems smb is looking for net_shares in /var/lib/samba/usershares/ video's, & photo's.

i dont have any shares called photo's or videos.
    i did find a link that talked about net_shares and they are not in the smb.conf.
    so it seems to me this is a default setting somewhere, maybe tied into home directories, my smb.conf has no entries for home.

does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    or is this just a default setting that is not an issue.
    TNX

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Internet radios catalog thru DLNA

raulfg3

Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

A journey from XigmaNAS to OpenMediaVault in an ESXi environment

danzirulez

autoshutdown 5.0.2, always full ip range checked

cabrio_leo

What is the difference between OMV shared folders and windows, synology shared folders?

cabrio_leo

Recent Activities

• raulfg3 -

Replied to the thread Internet radios catalog thru DLNA.

• jsis83 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

Thread
    Good morning, I've been trying to install omv 4 on my new raspberry pi 4 for several days but it's impossible for me. I have searched for information on this forum and the network but nothing I prove solves my problem. I don't know what I can do wrong.…
  • danzirulez -

Replied to the thread A journey from XigmaNAS to OpenMediaVault in an ESXi environment.

Quote from Adoby: “About docker files and where to put them. Create a shared folder "docker". Then, before you do anything else with docker, set the docker base path in the OMV docker GUI to that shared folder. You can then create subfolder there for…
  • cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) autoshutdown 5.0.2, always full ip range checked.

You could try to enter "4..4" in the IP range field. Then only this address should be checked.
  • Quote from Aux: “You edit sudo nano /etc/samba/smb.conf on OMV, then write under global as the last line: min protocol = SMB1 ” You should not edit /etc/samba/smb.conf directly. This file is rewritten by OMV when a share configuration is changed by…
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

Gonna have to agree, I can't come up with any rational reason for wanting to do this. What exactly is your purpose?
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

Like (Post)
    I suspect you need to hack it yourself. As far as I know there is no method published. Most likely because there is very little purpose in doing this. Get a high quality SD card instead and make sure not to install anything that do a lot of writes to the…
  • Alternate method of mapping directories: In response to some questions directed to me by OMV users, I've decided to post an update with an alternate way to ensure that all your media server Docker containers have access to all the required directories.…
  • MH1333 -

Replied to the thread Switching to a different system.

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from MH1333: “What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk ” well first you need to figure out exactly what you…
  • MH1333 -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Switching to a different system.

Like (Post)
    Quote from MH1333: “What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk ” well first you need to figure out exactly what you plan to do If you…