openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello, it's my first thread on this forum.
    I'm French, so sorry for my english wich is not fluent...

I'm new in linux environment and i want to creat my own NAS with OMV.
    The installation and the first connection are ok.
    My problem appear when i want to fix a static IP for my NAS. I'm inquiering all informations (IP, subnet mask, bridge) and OMV required to save changes.
    While this operation , an error appears.

If I test with Ping "new IP" it's ok but when i'm trying to connect OMV by entering the New IP in my browser, it's not good and my browser say that it's not accessible.
    My NAS boot is ok, If I connect a screen and keyboard on the NAS ,the new ip are post, I can use the NAS with command directly ... I'm also trying to re-configured the network option with "OMV-firstaid" but it's not good.
    If i'm trying to connect OMV since my computer with "ssh root@myIP" it's not good to ans I can't connect and this message appear.

I'm lost, i'm searching a solution for 2 days long
    Thanks…
  • New

I'm trying to access my OMV web interface over the internet. I have another Raspberry Pi with a webserver on it (NextCloud) on my network so I've had to change the port of OMV to 81 and I port forwarded accordingly. I can login locally just fine. I have a domain and subdomain already setup, and I can access the login screen via mydomain.com:81, but when I login, I get this error:

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\HttpErrorException: Invalid IP address. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc:185
    3. Stack trace:
    4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/session.inc(207): OMV\Session->validateIpAddress()
    5. #1 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(34): OMV\Session->validate()
    6. #2 {main}

Any ideas? Do I need to allow this IP address or something?
    Cheers,
    Josh

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker v3. What is the deal? How to update docker-composer files?

Morlan

Unable to mount raid after new installation.

geaves

Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen

geaves

Debian RAID fault after restart?

hemertje

Docker on SD card

Recent Activities

• Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker v3. What is the deal? How to update docker-composer files?.

The new versions of docker-compose will also support version 2 .yml files
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Unable to mount raid after new installation..

Quote from Edvin-89: “Thought it would be a more time consuming process than it was, almost a little disappointed that it went so fast ” :thumbup: Ok because it seems to be omv raid error week :D where are we up to?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen.

Quote from Gst: “The link I had posted shows Diagnostik > Processes (doesn`t is?) ” No, your image is the gui of the running services, tells us nothing
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Defekte Platte im RAID5 tauschen.

Quote from Gst: “No such file or directory ” you missed the / before dev that's why it failed :) look at what I typed
  • Edvin-89 -

Replied to the thread Unable to mount raid after new installation..

Ok all the zfs references are gone, no errors/problems occurred :) Thought it would be a more time consuming process than it was, almost a little disappointed that it went so fast :P Edit... Logged in to the web interface and checked under file systems…
  • hemertje -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

• ozboss -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker on SD card.

Thread
    I have OMV5 running on a Raspberry Pi now. So I'm wondering about whether I should leave the docker storage location as default (/var/lib/docker) or should move it to an external disk. Storage shouldn't be an issue as I will bind all bigger amounts of…
  • gett -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Quote from tinh_x7: “For step 6, I can run for more than one container at at time, right ? ” Yes, just put SPACE between IDs OR names
  • gett -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Docker v3. What is the deal? How to update docker-composer files?.

Thread
    Hi. I want to install Mayan EDMS, but their docker-compose.yml is version 3.7. I am afraid that if I upgrade docker-compose (I don't know how :-)), I'll lost my docker nextcloud/letsencrypt configuration, which is version 2. The question is: is it…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Any way to create a docker-compose.yml from installed containers?.

Hi, This is cool. I’m try to save my containers configs in a docker compose file too. For step 6, I can run for more than one container at at time, right ? Thanks for sharing.