openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

Currently, I access my server with a DDNS : administration page, plex etc. => everything is OK.

I will like to secure the other fonctionnalities with a VPN.
    I installed OpenVpn and configured it.
    But when I start VPN, I lose the connection with DDNS.

How it's possible? The DDNS is known by the Box, and the box knows the static ip and MAC.
    How the VPN change this connection?

Is it possible to made what I want or I'm obliged to use OpenVpn client with all my devices?

Thanks for your answers.
  • New

Hi everyone
    I have a problem with a folder and a disk no longer present in the system
    I get this error every time I try to delete or add folders in sharedfolders

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl restart 'sharedfolders-website.mount' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Assertion failed on job for sharedfolders-website.mount.

the "website" folder was present on another disk called Disco2, I would like to unmount the folder and, if possible, also delete Disco2.
  • New

Was going to build RAID 5 out of 3x 10TB 3.5" drives, to achieve a reasonable compromise between capacity and redundancy, but it is starting to look I may have to settle for 2x 10TB 3.5" + 2x 5TB 2.5" drives instead. Is there a point trying to make something similar to RAID5 out of this drive pool, or should I just stick to RAID1 for each pair of the drives sacrificing capacity for redundancy & reliability?
  • New

Hi All.

Let me begin by saying thanks to all that help with all this simple questions.

So i want to replace my small Data drive with i bigger drive.
    I know that you can just replace the drive and do a fix and then a sync.

But i need to know if i take the drive out and i want to access the data on it how do you do that .
    is it possible to see the data on the drive if it was removed.
    I did try and see it on Windows 10 1903 but could not see anything.

So if possible any idea .

Also any idea when will Version of OMV 5 be released.
    Tried to test beta version on VMware to see the changes but it keeps failing after install.

Sorry forgot to add that i am using OMV -- Snapraid -- Orion filesystem.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

impossible to delete folder in sharedfolders

macom

How often and which self test should I schedule?

macom

Problem with openVPN and DDNS

henfri

Problem with first installation of OMV4 on Odroid HC2

macom

SSH ok, shares ok, but no access to web GUI ?

macom

Recent Activities

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x impossible to delete folder in sharedfolders.

• macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How often and which self test should I schedule?.

Every 4 weeks on a Saturday? How would you set that :?:
  • Pentothal -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x impossible to delete folder in sharedfolders.

Like (Post)
    Check if this shared folder you want to delete is still used in one of the services (rsync, SMB/CIFS etc.). Remove it from all services where it is used. Then try to delete the shared folder again. You can use the resetperms-plugin to find the services…
  • henfri -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with openVPN and DDNS.

You need to use the local IP or hostname once connected to VPN. E.g. 192.168.0.10 or similar. You find that in the OMV WebInterface.
  • Pentothal -

Quote from macom: “Check if this shared folder you want to delete is still used in one of the services (rsync, SMB/CIFS etc.). Remove it from all services where it is used. Then try to delete the shared folder again. You can use the resetperms-plugin…
  • geaves -

Quote from macom: “No idea how to do this in the GUI. ” Storage Smart on the menu Scheduled Tests :thumbup:
  • FOcaL -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Problem with openVPN and DDNS.

Thread
    Hello, Currently, I access my server with a DDNS : administration page, plex etc. => everything is OK. I will like to secure the other fonctionnalities with a VPN. I installed OpenVpn and configured it. But when I start VPN, I lose the connection with…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem with first installation of OMV4 on Odroid HC2.

I would use SD Card Formatter to format the card first. Should not be necessary, but does not harm. Then check the md5 sum of the image to make sure it has not been corrupted during download. Finally do not unpack the image. Etcher will unpack it. One…
  • macom -

Check if this shared folder you want to delete is still used in one of the services (rsync, SMB/CIFS etc.). Remove it from all services where it is used. Then try to delete the shared folder again. You can use the resetperms-plugin to find the services…
  • macom -

Quote from Blabla: “with that it will do it every saturday right? ” Yes. I thought this was what you were asking. Quote from Blabla: “I would like it to set it only 1 saturday at month ” No idea how to do this in the GUI.