openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?

tkaiser

Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV

geaves

HPE gen7 - Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk ‘hd0’

geaves

freigegebenen Ordner mit Inhalt gelöscht (RAID5) wie kann ich die Daten wieder herstellen ???

votdev

cloudcmd do not run and always restarting

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• tkaiser -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Quote from Blabla: “OMV5 will be based on Debian 10 right? ” Yes. That's also why right now you won't be able to run anything else than OMV5 on the RPi 4 since all the RPi Trading folks provide is a Raspbian Buster (Debian 10). There's no real reason…
  • Blabla -

thanks a lot to both of your for your answers! Out of curiosity: OMV5 will be based on Debian 10 right?
  • Blabla -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Blabla: “On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS ” github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/101 was a proposal for OMV5 but as you can see there the label changed to OMV6 in the meantime. Btrfs and any…
  • Blabla -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Blabla: “Does OMV5 support ext4/ZFS? On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS. ” All of that was pushed to OMV 6. OMV 5 will support ext4 and zfs.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Network connection drops while transferring files to OMV.

Quote from Peach1200: “It turned out it wasn't Webroot's fault after all. ” Going back to your post 11; Quote from Peach1200: “I've tried transferring 40GB of data from my desktop PC to my laptop and while it didn't work with Webroot on, it worked…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Blabla: “On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS ” github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/101 was a proposal for OMV5 but as you can see there the label changed to OMV6 in the meantime. Btrfs and any…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Blabla: “Does OMV5 support ext4/ZFS? On github there is a huge discussione about OMV 5 only supporting BTRFS. ” All of that was pushed to OMV 6. OMV 5 will support ext4 and zfs.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HPE gen7 - Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk ‘hd0’.

Quote from silk186: “I picked up a PS/2 keyboard before noticing that the ML110 G6 doesn't have a PS/2 port. ” Didn't you check the back plate :) Quote from silk186: “I cleared the CMOS with the System configuration switch on the system board. ” That…
  • Blabla -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Blabla: “Quote from Mr.Onion: “Sounds promising! Any thoughts on how much ram is worth it for omv? ” I would go for 4 GB since the difference is really small. Quote from tkaiser: “you'll only get a beta OMV5 experience on the RPi 4…
  • KM0201 -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Like (Post)
    The RPi 4 is the first RPi iteration that actually might make sense as NAS since not featuring the 'everything behind one USB2 port' limitation any more. Also users buying RPi Trading's USB-C PSU at the same time might save themselves the underpowering…