News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Web Based File Manager?

KM0201

docker cannot run mldonkey

Linear RAID array is no longer working

trrrtle

Seeking help with nic driver installation (make install)

rb6freak

ETA for OMV 5.0 - 2020, 2021, 2022?

JackieBrown

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Web Based File Manager?.

Quote from aoprea: “This is drawback of omv vs synology or qnap... Why i so hard to have a file manager on omv ??? This method (mc over ssh conection or another method ... ) request that on every pc you try to connect to omv to have or install putty or…
  • aoprea -

This is drawback of omv vs synology or qnap... Why i so hard to have a file manager on omv ??? This method (mc over ssh conection or another method ... ) request that on every pc you try to connect to omv to have or install putty or winscp.... Too…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from hrseldon: “I'm going to ssh from my desktop computer to owm(rp3b+), if I use midnight commander to move a big file between two USB drives, do I have to keep the computer on until it finishes moving or can I turn the desktop off after I give…
  • heyb -

Replied to a comment by macom on heyb’s wall.

Wall Reply
    but nextcloud is running, so my docker is no problem?
  • heyb -

Replied to a comment by raulfg3 on heyb’s wall.

Wall Reply
  • heyb -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x docker cannot run mldonkey.

Thread
    i follow this step forum.openmediavault.org/index…light=mldonkey#post167683 but when i create it and run, mldonkey restart forever. log show:Read-only file system for directory /var/lib/mldonkey? so i change “MLDONKEY_DIR”,and then mldonkey can…
  • trrrtle -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Linear RAID array is no longer working.

Well, I decided to just recreate the array and hope for the best. mdadm --create --assume-clean --level=linear --raid-devices=2 /dev/md0 /dev/vda /dev/vdb I put this in and rebooted the VM, and amazingly, my array was restored. All data appears to be…
  • Adoby -

Midnight Commander does not use any desktop environment, only a text based shell. So it works fine directly on a OMV NAS without any desktop environment. Or you can run mc in a terminal window on a client computer. Or you can run mc over SSH on the OMV…
  • hrseldon -

I'm going to ssh from my desktop computer to owm(rp3b+), if I use midnight commander to move a big file between two USB drives, do I have to keep the computer on until it finishes moving or can I turn the desktop off after I give the move order?
  • rb6freak -

Replied to the thread Seeking help with nic driver installation (make install).

I reached out to the manufacturer, they said they don't have plans to support Debian 10 / Linux 5.x, so I went out to confirm I could actually compile the drivers on a 4.10.x Linux Mint system. I installed the NIC card on that system, compiled the…