openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Somewhat of a noob here,I have had OMV up and running for a while now and finally filled my storage drive.
    Now i have a larger replacement formatted and mounted i want to migrate my shared folders over.

What is the best way to copy / migrate to a larger drive without messing up the permissions, configuration, docker entries ?
    Should i use rsync or cloud commander? move one shared folder at a time or all at once?
  • New

Hi all!
    I hawe a problem whit omv 4.1.3
    I try to install from an iso image that is recorded on usb drive
    I install on ssd connected through sata
    constantly freezes in the same place on Partition formatting and hold on 33% and thats it! nothing else happens
    reworked the disk from mbr on gpt, format all disk, create a ext4 file system, try install on NTFS, nothing helped
    my sys rec:
    Phenom x2 920, 8GB RAM 1333mhz, SSD Crucial 250GB + 2HDD 500GB SATA Hitachi
    Does anyone have any thoughts?
    ;(
  • New

Hi,

Sorry if this is a noob question since I'm new to Unix based systems. But uhh is there a way I can directly read and write floppy disks via my fileserver? The motherboard of my fileserver is soon the only motherboard that has a actual floppy connector and where I work we still have some super expansive machines that write their data on floppy disks.

So is there a way I can mount my floppy disk like I can mount a USB hard drive or do I really need to mess with Docker or Virtualbox just to read and write a floppy disk?

And before someone asks, a USB FDD is not a option. Too unreliable and I already have 2 that don't work properly/reliably.
  • New

After my old QNap with OMV 3 overcome its lifecycle i am looking for a small installation for a backup system with one Harddisk, running OMV 4/5 and simply rsync'ing my home-nas providing the backup via nfs/cifs.

I think I do not have high demands, looked for a Odroid HC2 while having a ironwolf 8TB Harddisk at hand. But in Germany it seems to be sold so I need alternatives ... what else Setup seems to be suiteable? Looked for RockPro64 but dont know if attaching Sata Drives Via USB3 is good / performant. Is a external usb-drive the same as direct attached sata3-drive in the HC2-Setup? ... What do I have to buy to run it 24/7 and where? Is there something else leke the HC2, while i like the dedicated straight design ...

Micha

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting

Scriptcore

Downloads not working for torrents

gderf

The Class E Network

ryecoaaron

Read floppies directly from OMV

ryecoaaron

OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon)

tobefond

Recent Activities

• Scriptcore -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV do not install - hangs on Partition formatting.

the fact of the matter is that the ssd disk is new, and usb is also new overwritten a couple of times
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Downloads not working for torrents.

I don't use Sonarr to its fullest capabilities so I can't offer any hints. I only have it set up to push the torrents it finds to a seedbox in Europe and I have to manually download the files from there into the directories I want them stored in.
  • itsmyst -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Downloads not working for torrents.

Oh my god it FINALLY WORKS! I had to go feed my kids and when I came back the couple of episodes that were queued were finished downloading! Amazing! I think the key was Quote from gderf: “In Deluge | Downloads section you have Download To: set to a…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from macom: “That is what I did In a VM ” For testing, I think it is fine but I would want Volker to change his guide to do this :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Read floppies directly from OMV.

Quote from Rickboy333: “But these commands will just make the floppy read or write on the fileserver itself right? What I really want is to put the floppy inside a drive and than go to my modern PC and open de floppy drive just like how I can open a…
  • tobefond -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Quote from tkaiser: “In the meantime the cute RK3399 based NanoPi NEO4 is available: friendlyarm.com/index.php?rout…ct&path=69&product_id=241 (please be aware that the low price is somewhat misleading since you need heatsink, the USB-C cable, PSU and…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread The Class E Network.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “unless you put trusted in the repo line but that is bad idea ” That is what I did :rolleyes: In a VM
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Virtualbox VNC Issue.

Quote from marcsgirall: “Oh nice, thanks. So if I understand correctly I upload those packages to the plugin installer after having removed the existing virtualbox install? ” No. Login as root wget
  • roison -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Migrating storage drive (newbie).

Thread
    Somewhat of a noob here,I have had OMV up and running for a while now and finally filled my storage drive. Now i have a larger replacement formatted and mounted i want to migrate my shared folders over. What is the best way to copy / migrate to a larger…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Tons of unrecoverable read errors.

Quote from MickBurke: “The raid is a RAID 5 array controlled by the dell LSI raid controller, so OMV sees it all as one drive, so I don't know which drive has the bad blocks, which is why I was hoping to scan and repair it if that was possible. I guess…