openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Before I waste time on trying to set this up I thought I check my wishlist here first:

I would like to use a RPi4 and attach 2 SSDs via USB.
    The system on the SD card should ideally be read-only. Only changed to read-write for manual system updates.
    One SSD should host data that is made available via SMB/AFP.
    The other SSD to should be made available as iSCSI target.
    I want to use this with globalSAN from SNS to create block level backups over the network from my Catalina macOS laptop.
    Cherry on top: The data SSD should be backed up when connecting another HD locally and via network to an offsite location.

Potential issues I see:
    - IIUC iSCSI support was deprecated/removed in version 4
    - Not sure there is much support for the read-only system
    - Version 5 does not have any RPi images yet

Any thoughts? Or red flags?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

no DNS after boot.

TBM

Linking Containers

gderf

Proposed NAS build with a Dell Optiplex 9020

goose169

Publish on different ip address

KimDzongAxel

Openmediavault-nut 5.0-1

Recent Activities

• TBM -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x no DNS after boot..

No joy. :( It seems that OMV is sensitive to something with certain DHCP servers. In my case Pi-Hole. It won't use the DNS server that is issued during the DHCP transaction. I can see that the correct DNS server is accepted in the traction. I don't have…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Linking Containers.

Someone will be able to help you get this working. But in the meantime you could configure Deluge to use their Socks5 proxy. PIA provides this with your service. privateinternetaccess.com/help…-you-offer-a-socks5-proxy
  • KM0201 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Linking Containers.

Thread
    I have to be missing something simple. I'm trying to get a deluge container to run through PIA's openvpn container. I prefer deluge to transmission, and for some reason the deluge+vpn container I tried from dockerhub isn't cooperating. So I set off to…
  • goose169 -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS build with a Dell Optiplex 9020.

Quote from jollyrogr: “WD greens are not known for their reliability. I would make sure you have that data backed up!” Hey jollyrogr! Thank you for the information! This is an excellent example of using something in a way it was not designed for.…
  • goose169 -

Liked jollyrogr’s post in the thread Proposed NAS build with a Dell Optiplex 9020.

Like (Post)
    WD greens are not known for their reliability. I would make sure you have that data backed up!
  • goose169 -

Liked slaser’s post in the thread Proposed NAS build with a Dell Optiplex 9020.

Like (Post)
    Hi, I think the i5 4570 is well enough. I've a i5 4670k and the maximum peak usage is at 40%. I've some dockers and a plex media server with 4 x 12To Western Digital in raid 6. Regards, Slaser
  • goose169 -

Replied to the thread Proposed NAS build with a Dell Optiplex 9020.

Quote from slaser: “Hi, I think the i5 4570 is well enough. I've a i5 4670k and the maximum peak usage is at 40%. I've some dockers and a plex media server with 4 x 12To Western Digital in raid 6. Regards, Slaser” Thank you for the advice Slaser!…
  • KimDzongAxel -

Replied to the thread Publish on different ip address.

• vulcan4d -

Liked rs232’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Seafile - docker installation on OMV.

Like (Post)
    Quote from RPMan: “Have you read this doc ? What do you want to know ? You will find my working configuration in attachments. Just replace Host IP and Host Path. ” Thanks for this. I have created the two variables: SEAFILE_ADMIN_EMAIL and…
  • subzero79 -

Liked kirkdis’s post in the thread OMV 4.x NanoPi M4 3-bay NAS 7.7TB RAID compact and low consumption.

Like (Post)
    I wanted to share my build with you guys. It´s a 3D printed case which cleans the setup and gives a little bit more safety to the drives and nanopi m4 board. find more information on my website www.scheisser.net and the model files at thingiverse.com