openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Can we get a ZFS specific section in the Storage section? Please

I installed ZFS file system and raid on my newly build box...would like to track down or help if I can

Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array monthly?
    I already have it set to do short S.M.A.R.T daily, long S.M.A.R.T weekly, and Conveyance weekly as well...would like to schedule a scrub as well
    blogs.oracle.com/wonders-of-zf…isk-scrub-why-and-when-v2

Thanks again for such a GREAT distro!!!! FreeNAS may have ZFS but if you don't understand FreeBSD then it's kinda a moot point (learning curve is rather steep)...but debian/ubuntu/a HUGE amounts of distros out there are easy to understand and tweak...plus they are quite compatible and if a problem is found/fixed on another distro..95% of the time (or more) it will work a champ on OMV.
  • New

Hello Everyone!

I am going to build my first NAS. The goal was to be xheap and also not power hungry.

Here will be my hardware, still waiting for some parts.

- Case: Cooler Master Elite 120.
    - MoBo: ASRock E350M1
    - RAM: Will be 2 Gb DDR3 (for now)
    - PSU: Be Quiet! System Power B9 300w bulk (80+)
    - 4 HDDs 1Tb each.
    - 1 SSD 32 Gb

This will be use manly as a fileserver with RAID 5 with OMV.

But I am also thinking about maybe using proxmox, virtualize OMV and Daphile for playing music from one folder shared by OMV.

Will this configuration be enought?

I am a bit affraid that would be short and more of it, i am a bit affraid not too puch confident to have OMV as a VM.

Hope my questions are not too dumb.

Waiting to read you.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker Compose Fails on Nanopi M4 and OMV5

Agricola

Installing docker creates an error

cabbie

Neccesity to upgrade from 3.0.99 to 4.x.x

JukeboxBill

My new and first Nas build and some questions.

Munin

ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?

ness1602

Recent Activities

• yorgabr -

Liked lulu99’s post in the thread OMV 3.x downloader youtube-dl higher resolution.

Like (Post)
    Ah ok I see. I thought it could be an option if somebody wants to have the higher quality using more system power.
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker Compose Fails on Nanopi M4 and OMV5.

Well, I don't really :thumbsup: it. I just agree. Now get back to work. You've got better things to do. Thanks.
  • Agricola -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker Compose Fails on Nanopi M4 and OMV5.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Agricola: “What really baffles me is the lack of comment on this issue, on this forum ” Most people here aren't running OMV 5.x and even less are running containers that need to talk to each other.
  • cabbie -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Installing docker creates an error.

I am using zfs. I looked into /etc/docker/daemon.json, it reads: "data-root": "/sharedfolders/docker" which the same as what reads in the omv-extras docker startup screen. Forcing the install did not help.
  • JukeboxBill -

Replied to the thread OMV 3.x Upgrade 3.x -> 4.x Neccesity to upgrade from 3.0.99 to 4.x.x.

OK, Thanks. Have to get a hard drive, big enough to save my data, first.
  • Munin -

Replied to the thread My new and first Nas build and some questions..

Yeah I know it's quite an old CPU, but i got it for really cheap. I will think for an another solution for my music :p
  • ness1602 -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

• Rd65 -

Replied to the thread Rock64 slow usb3 transfer speed.

Befor you set params with hdparm on omv, try them in the shell. Many Disks do not support acousticmanagement and apm as example. Most Disks run unconfigured at its best. Don't disable caches... look at smart errors... there are lot of possible error…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 5.x (beta) ETA for OMV 5.0 - weeks, months, quarters, 2020?.

Unfortunately, that is after that initial install. Was omv-extras 4.x installed when you installed it?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker Compose Fails on Nanopi M4 and OMV5.

Quote from Agricola: “What really baffles me is the lack of comment on this issue, on this forum ” Most people here aren't running OMV 5.x and even less are running containers that need to talk to each other.