[HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana

Shinobi

kernel rrdtool segfault error every 15min

ryecoaaron

Problem serving USB volume over CIFS

Adoby

[HowTo] Run OMV as a KVM/qemu/libvirt host

ryecoaaron

web interface 502 Bad Gateway until after logging in as root on console.

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Shinobi -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Shinobi: “Which example is correct (if any)? "/dev/sda" or "/sharedfolders/tvshows" or "/dev/disk-by-label/WDRed1" ” /dev/sda is the device /sharedfolders/... is a bind mount to the mountpoint /dev/disk-by-lable... is the mount point.…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread [HowTo] Log disk power states with collectd and Grafana.

• ryecoaaron -

Quote from Shinobi: “Which example is correct (if any)? "/dev/sda" or "/sharedfolders/tvshows" or "/dev/disk-by-label/WDRed1" ” /dev/sda is the device /sharedfolders/... is a bind mount to the mountpoint /dev/disk-by-lable... is the mount point.…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x kernel rrdtool segfault error every 15min.

Maybe the nvme drive is getting hot (especially when the system is under load?) and doing bad things? Otherwise, I would go back to the ram check.
  • Shinobi -

it works in the shell with this command smartctl -x /dev/nvme0 === START OF SMART DATA SECTION === SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED SMART/Health Information (NVMe Log 0x02, NSID 0xffffffff) Critical Warning: …
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from Shinobi: “Would it make sense to disable it temporarily for testing? ” Definitely not. If smart isn't working, you may have a tougher time diagnosing this.
  • Shinobi -

Read NVMe SMART/Health Information failed: NVMe Status 0x2002
  • Shinobi -

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Shinobi: “Any ideas how I could check it? ” SMART. And I would check the ram again. Are you running the flashmemory plugin? nvme or not, it still has limited writes. ” I cannot activate SMART for the NVME…
  • Shinobi -

Quote from henfri: “Here I explain how to find the cause/the process accessing ständiger Plattenzugriff ” I'm pretty sure thats a stupid question, but what exactly is defined as "mount point"? Which example is correct (if any)? "/dev/sda" or…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem serving USB volume over CIFS.

I have no idea if a HDD with LVM is usable with OMV. I doubt it. Not without running LVM. But I have never tried it. Just test it and see if it works. Perhaps you can create virtual volumes on the HDD that you can use in the VM? I have only done as I…