openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi,

I configured autoshutdown 5.0.2 to check only one IP address, 192.168.2.4, by putting just this single address into the GUI "IP range" field. However, the script always checks the full range 192.168.2.2 ... 192.168.2.254; this is also the list in /tmp/autoshutdown/pinglist. If I delete that file, it is recreated. The /etc/autoshutdown.conf entry reads RANGE="192.168.2.4" which looks good for me.

A bug in creating the pinglist ? I tried to check /sbin/autoshutdown.sh on my own but :/ unfortunately I am not a bash enthusiast... that syntax is beyond my skills ?( , sorry.

Regards, Wumpus

• New

I have had my OMV machine off for a while now and am on and old version. I was going to start back up the server but I want to try something besides OMV. Will my data get erased only have 1 hard drive at 1tb and another drive with the OMV on it.

If I disconnect the os drive and boot up a Linux server would I be able.to have access to the files on the hard drive?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  • New

Hi All,
    I'm trying to clean up my server and have stumbled upon some errors in my log file. evrything is working, so maybe it nothing to worry about.
    In my log file over and over it seems smb is looking for net_shares in /var/lib/samba/usershares/ video's, & photo's.

i dont have any shares called photo's or videos.
    i did find a link that talked about net_shares and they are not in the smb.conf.
    so it seems to me this is a default setting somewhere, maybe tied into home directories, my smb.conf has no entries for home.

does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
    or is this just a default setting that is not an issue.
    TNX
  • New

Hi. I want to "back up" the full content of an apple airport extreme base station to an omv nas.
    All apple users within the LAN are using the airports file storage.
    In the same LAN an already existing omv 4 server currently acts successfully as a time machine
    backup server for the apple clients. My plan is now to "back up" all the files sitting on the airport to the omv machine.
    Currently i have no idea what might be the best & easy way to achieve this - just having a copy of all those data in a second place.
    Thx. for any help & advise.

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick

KM0201

Switching to a different system

MH1333

How can I update Jackett in docker using raspberry pi

Agricola

Syncthing unstable problems due to old version

CTx

A journey from XigmaNAS to OpenMediaVault in an ESXi environment

Adoby

Recent Activities

• KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

Gonna have to agree, I can't come up with any rational reason for wanting to do this. What exactly is your purpose?
  • KM0201 -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

Like (Post)
    I suspect you need to hack it yourself. As far as I know there is no method published. Most likely because there is very little purpose in doing this. Get a high quality SD card instead and make sure not to install anything that do a lot of writes to the…
  • Alternate method of mapping directories: In response to some questions directed to me by OMV users, I've decided to post an update with an alternate way to ensure that all your media server Docker containers have access to all the required directories.…
  • MH1333 -

Replied to the thread Switching to a different system.

Quote from KM0201: “Quote from MH1333: “What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk ” well first you need to figure out exactly what you…
  • MH1333 -

Liked KM0201’s post in the thread Switching to a different system.

Like (Post)
    Quote from MH1333: “What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk ” well first you need to figure out exactly what you plan to do If you…
  • The main merit is separation. The NAS will keep working even if one or more data storage drives fail or becomes full. And you can use the operating system to diagnose and possibly fix the problem. In OMV the operating system is very small and will…
  • Blacklist -

Liked tekkb’s post in the thread How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer.

Like (Post)
    Now the media share is setup and should be showing on your Windows Network. This last part applies to Windows machines. If someone wants to add information for other operating systems they can do that. 8 ) Before you get on your Windows machine make…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from MH1333: “What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk ” well first you need to figure out exactly what you plan to do If you…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How can I update Jackett in docker using raspberry pi.

Quote from macom: “According to hub.docker the image is 9 month old hub.docker.com/r/lsioarmhf/jackett ” The image info page also says “THIS IMAGE IS DEPRECATED. PLEASE USE THE MULTI-ARCH IMAGES AT linuxserver/jackett“ I believe all of the…
  • MH1333 -

What if I was going from OMV 3.0 to fresh install of OMV 5. On new drive all good? Thinking I may just stick with OMV Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk