openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cannot Restart FTP Server

David B

HHD expansion PCIe card

gderf

"Communications with the UPS ups_localhost are lost" issue for current plugin: temporary workaround or final solution? And remote monitoring?

OMV crashing during long file copy from Windows

OMV crashing during long file copy from Windows

Recent Activities

• David B -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Cannot Restart FTP Server.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “While I don't use ftp, I know proftp it is still using an init script instead of systemd unit file. Try: sudo /etc/init.d/proftpd force-stop ” This does not seem to work either. After running this, the FTP server remains up.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread HHD expansion PCIe card.

There are several variations within the 9200 line. I don't know what the differences are other than if you don't need or don't want a RAID card, then don't pay extra for it. I got mine on Amazon for $59.00. The 9300 series are newer and use PCIe 3.0…
  • Meguinness -

Quote from gderf: “My LSI 9200-8E HBA card was recognized by OMV, as were all the drives plugged into it. ” thanx , i see many on ebays , i understand that there may be clones of this card,should i look for exactly a lsi 9200 or any from the 9200…
  • gderf -

My LSI 9200-8E HBA card was recognized by OMV, as were all the drives plugged into it.
  • Meguinness -

thanx i will look in to it , are those cards just plug and play ? will OMV detect the hard drives without need drivers to install? thanx
  • You may be looking for something a bit more polished than this but I really like my NanoPi M4 with SATA hat. The drives rest in an open 5-bay disk cage with the M4 secured on top and a Mean Well power supply (LRS-100-12) sitting down in the first…
  • RUsum1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

I think the issue is with DTS HD audio maybe. Is there something I have to install onto my NAS to force it to transcode just the audio file? Is logging into 192.168.1.35:32400/web/index.html# how I'm supposed to be able to change all of my settings?…
  • gderf -

Given the choice between buying a PCIe SATA card or a PCIe Host Bus Adapter, chose the HBA. It offers a future path the SATA card doesn't and can't. I have an LSI 9200-8E HBA in my OMV machine that connects to a DAS box. The card has external connectors…
  • litation -

Replied to the thread Plex Transcode issue..

Turns out it was nothing to do with plex and I was on the right path with permissions, just needed to dot he following (just in case anyone else every has this) nano /etc/fstab find the volume/Raid array that Plex app/container is living on and remove…
  • Nick0 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Moving shared folder contents with MC after relocating shared folders to another drive..

Thread
    Hello all, The title says mostly all. I have upgraded a disk in my OMV installation from 500GB to 1TB. I am trying to move the shared folders and their contents from the 500GB to the new 1TB drive, by using the 'Access Rights Management>Shared Folders'…