openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Just Install Openmediavault on a PC with SSD boot drive plus another 2TB there. I have a Drive A from another NAS, the data from this Drive A there I like to retain. I like to port this Drive A to my new PC(ie NAS).
    What do I have to do and not to do in order to maintain the existing data I have already on this drive A and physically port this drive to my new NAS PC?
    If not advise me what is the best way to transfer the data across?

Thanks in advance.
  • New

Good evening,

I have an odd issue with a new installed OMV. Latest release - 4.1.22.
    I use a CD as installation media, and install OMV on a USB. Working fine, and the machine is booting perfectly up, and / is mounted on /dev/sda1.
    Afterwards a SATA disk is added to the primary SATA controller, and machine is booted, but fails, as the SATA disk has been configured as /dev/sda.
    / on the initial SDA1 is no longer found.

Why does this happen - I doesnt happen on my other OMV installation configured similar
    Can I lock the drive - or is grub required to be reconfigured after each installation of new disk (can you point me to a guide if exists)?
    Simple GRUB command in BusyBox to update it?

Many thanks, Kjeld

• New

I had one single HDD with an EXT4 filesystem in my setup (alongside a RAID6). I physically removed this one disk a long time ago and put it in a single case for my Raspberry. Now I am unable to remove the linked filesystem from the WebGUI. The option "Löschen" (remove, erase) is not clickable. This did not bother me for a long time but now it seems to block the installation of a remote share.

So, how can I remove my useless file system from the configuration? I already tried to comment the line in fstab manually, but that did not work properly.

Thanks!
  • New

Hi,

Habe ein OMV Server grade am laufen mit 2 Freigaben die Passwort geschützt sind und 2 die eigentlich für Gäste sind und öffentlich sein sollen, was auch Funktioniert nur kommt direkt in Windows unter "Netzwerk" wo der Server steht erstmal ne Passwort Abfrage was eigentlich nicht soll erst wenn man auf dem Server ist und die Ordner sieht soll man auf die Geschützten nur per Passwort drauf und auf die Gast Freigaben direkt. Wenn ich aber um die Gast freigaben zu sehen schon ein Passwort eingeben muss bringen mir die Gast freigaben nichts :D

Liebe Grüße

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

PXE networking setup errors in Dnsmasq

BugBug

Best way to Retain Existing Data

Unable to erase filesystem from WebGUI after removing of HDD

crashtest

Pinned Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

Adoby

Docker nextcloud write permissions on lokal folder

Recent Activities

• BugBug -

Replied to the thread PXE networking setup errors in Dnsmasq.

• ttan98 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Best way to Retain Existing Data.

Thread
    Just Install Openmediavault on a PC with SSD boot drive plus another 2TB there. I have a Drive A from another NAS, the data from this Drive A there I like to retain. I like to port this Drive A to my new PC(ie NAS). What do I have to do and not to do in…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to erase filesystem from WebGUI after removing of HDD.

Quote from bvrulez: “Probably because I still refernce the path in shares. ” That's it.
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

A two SATA SBC NAS with a slot for nvme ssd would be great. But for me to buy one it would also need more RAM than 4GB and really good software support. Otherwise I might just as well keep using my HC2s like now. 16-32 GB RAM, or even more, would be…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?.

Quote from tkaiser: “IOnce there's data corruption on either OMV host you need to copy data over from the other instance. ” I don't like the manual task of copying over data. The combined automated bitrot detection AND silent/automatic correction is…
  • bvrulez -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Permanently mount a remote windows share in OMV?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from bvrulez: “Where is such a mount mounted if it is configured via WebGUI? ” The actual cifs mount is in /srv. Any sharedfolder you create on the remote mount will be in /sharedfolders just like any other sharedfolder.
  • Hopsakee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Erase encryption from HDD, keypass available.

Of course. Thanks for taking the effort to explain the obvious to me. (might sound cynical, but I'm serious). For some reason I really thought erasing and formatting would be locked by the encryption procedure.
  • Hopsakee -

Liked macom’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Erase encryption from HDD, keypass available.

Like (Post)
    As you have no data, just wipe the drive and create a new filesystem.
  • Hopsakee -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved S.M.A.R.T. Read Device Identity failed.

Horay. It worked. I still needed some things to figure out, but I managed thanks to your advice. If anyone want to know what I had to do. 1. read the above post, so you understand what the problem is 2. don't try this on anything else than a Seagate…
  • m4tt0 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Installation of Emby on new and pretty clean OMV system fails.

Like (Post)
    The problem with Dockers running from a UnionFS drive is that both use versions of overlayFS which may result in very long and complex file paths. For the same reasons, I won't store UrBackup client backups on a UnionFS drive or even on a ZFS array…