openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there !
    I'd like to sync two local folders when a new file is added to the source OR every XX minutes, but prevent to run a new sync if another one is already running (and not finished).
    Moreover new files will be regularly copied to the source folder, so I need to prevent uncomplete files to be sync to the destination folder.
    I looked in the manual page for options, but I couldn't find my happyness.
    Anyone can help me ?
    Thanks !
  • New

Hey guys, I've never admined a headless debian server before so if that makes me a noob, then so be it.
    I'm having an issue that every morning my server crashes. Sometimes @6am sometimes @7am, or any time in between.
    I'm a bit confused because I have 0 jobs that run at that time of day. And most of the time this happens right before I hit the plex server.
    So I pulled this mornings logs and it looks like it's bothered that it doesn't have access to a file system that I've unplugged.
    May 22 06:05:00 OMV monit[848]: 'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-id-usb-Hitachi_HUS724030ALE641_DB9876543211140-0-0-part1' status failed (1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-id-usb-Hitachi_HUS724030ALE641_DB9876543211140-0-0-part1 is not a mountpoint
    However the GUI doesn't let me remove this mount point. No error, just doesn't do it.
    Any suggestions?
  • New

Hi All,
    i tried to follow the Gitea Doc's, but aparentaly i'm not that smart!
    unfortunately on installation i selected the custom path for the directory which is /home/gitea
    this path is on my SD and i wanted to set the Repositories dir on my external raid. which should bi /sharedfolders/Gitea

i changed the config in /etc/gitea/app.ini
    also i changed the servicefile in /etc/systemd/system/gitea.service

restarted the systemd and asked me to gitea.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units.

done this, when i try to create a repo on the webpage shows me a 500 Error.
    Some one has any idea how to fix this?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

My new NAS: Odroid HC2 and Seagate Ironwolf 12TB.

mruano

Why thakes it so much time for reboot?

donh

Upgrade errors

jgeils

I need some info for my future server - Nas

Adoby

Sync two local folders

• MrC
  • MrC

Recent Activities

• mruano -

Replied to the thread My new NAS: Odroid HC2 and Seagate Ironwolf 12TB..

Hi, Adoby You mention somewhere that you are/were using a single power supply for all your devices. Can you please share which model you are using and anything particular about this set up? Thanks for sharing your experiences.
  • donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Why thakes it so much time for reboot?.

Try this on the cli. systemd-analyze blame 47.264s networking.service 2.818s sssd.service 2.024s dev-sda1.device 1.588s apt-daily.service 1.530s php7.0-fpm.service 1.331s openmediavault-engined.service 1.293s apt-daily-upgrade.service 1.268s…
  • jgeils -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade errors.

Used sudo apt-get update and getting the same forum.openmediavault.org/index…a276ac004c34e6ee64a35b52c
  • jgeils -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade errors.

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread I need some info for my future server - Nas.

It won't affect streaming or transcoding. Not unless GbE speeds are slower than the decoding and encoding speed, and I doubt that. But it might increase latency when indexing and browsing media. It is slower over GbE than over SATA III. If you stream…
  • jgeils -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Update Upgrade errors.

Thread
    I've just installed OMV. I'm following the getting started guide. When I try upgrade the popup window shows a bunch of errors like this: Err:4 httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch/main armhf gnupg armhf 2.1.18-8~deb9u4 Could not resolve…
  • MrC -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Sync two local folders.

Thread
    Hi there ! I'd like to sync two local folders when a new file is added to the source OR every XX minutes, but prevent to run a new sync if another one is already running (and not finished). Moreover new files will be regularly copied to the source…
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Crashes every morning.

What do you mean by "crashes"? Is it still reachable by ssh?
  • negitivesinx -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Crashes every morning.

Thread
    Hey guys, I've never admined a headless debian server before so if that makes me a noob, then so be it. I'm having an issue that every morning my server crashes. Sometimes @6am sometimes @7am, or any time in between. I'm a bit confused because I have 0…
  • blindguy -

Liked raulfg3’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Plex as Docker Container / Resources problem.

Like (Post)