openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Title says all- the monitoring defaults are way too ambitious. I'm overloaded with emails about my poor, overburdened RPi 4, but I can't get the emails to stop. I know it's overburdened. It's still running just fine. I'm not going to change anything, and it's going to be overburdened until I get my initial 2.6tb rsync to finish, which will be another week at least.

I'm comfortable changing config files. How can I get the monitoring to quiet down for a while?
  • New

I have been installing Plex onto OMV5 and something I don't understand occurred during my folder structure design and setup for SMB folder sharing:

Notice in picture OMV5_S002: I was expecting to see only my created folders to show up in the PleX_NAS2210 folder. Notice how all the folders are also showing as top level in the tree. Why is that?

Pictures OMV5_S003 and OMV5_S004 show how I have created the folders.

• New

Hi,

I installed OMV 4 and everything is working(local HDD Shares). The problem is that I really need Remote Mount working.

First I created a remote mount and rebooted OMV. It is OK. I created a Shared Folder and a SMB share with this folder. When I access the SMB shared it is empty!

I logged in OMV machine using putty and I can see the remote mount is mounted ok in the srv directory and I can see all the files from my remote mount there!

When I go the the sharedfolders directory and go to the directory I created for my Shared Folder, it is empty.

Any tips?
  • New

Hi,

Had read pdf, watched several videos + forums, in this regard, still I'm little confused with and how to set a secure folder, but want to aloud some sharing, while I'm the only one who can control the data (the owner), will explain the best to my knowledge.

After watched a common issues when Creating Shared folders from TechnoDadLife, he stated to aloud everyone when creating the Folder, etc This do work but he also stated, after create the file/folder and is all set or have access, we can tighten the setting to our need, but this doesn't work for me

After checking ACL, Permission, users vs Groups and the Share format I'm using SMB, I noticed;

We have the Folder Owner: set as root
    Admin: set for users
    Others: View, aloud or None (whatever I choose) or I understand it should be

After I created only 1 user = me with Admin, ssl, group + samba with a user password...
    Group: "Family" for now I'm the only person in the Group

Permission and ACL I had added User (Ralph) + Family…
  • New

Yes and hello!

My system needs a upgrade (software wise):
    • 2x Odroid HC
    • armbian (debian 8 eos this year), OMV 3 on microSD
    • luks encrypted ext4 on ssd/hdd
    One of the HC's is the 'master' with a ssd serving the clients. The other HC has a hdd and is receiving rsync jobs and doing a local rsnapshoting.

Now for me would be best to stick with armbian/debian 10 directly. Then it would be omv 5 which is not yet (officially) released...

Any idea how my (already) luks encrypted drives will behave with a new installation (beside that it get's mounted when I enter the right passphrase :P )... and also how mad the rights management of the file system would be with me?

Just wonder what could go wrong or better what would be the easiest path to take ^^

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Rasberry Pi4 + Seagate External USB3.0 = No spin-down, no S.M.A.R.T. (?)

clickwir

Pihole Web interface doesn't load anymore

Shura

[HowTo] WireGuard with OMV Super-Easy

Superturisto

btrfs (and zfs) slow?

clickwir

Way to migrate a drive from ext4 to btrfs in OMV?

clickwir

Recent Activities

• clickwir -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Rasberry Pi4 + Seagate External USB3.0 = No spin-down, no S.M.A.R.T. (?).

Don't be worried about the thermals or longevity, they are put in those cases and meant to run for many years. It's fine. Spin down if you want, but you aren't extending the life of the drive. Next, usually USB obscures the SMART system. Generally…
  • johnvick -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Rasberry Pi4 + Seagate External USB3.0 = No spin-down, no S.M.A.R.T. (?).

Seagate Drive Settings in the utility - should have said earlier.
  • QubaVR -

Quote from johnvick: “Plug the drive into a Windows computer and run the Seagate drive utility - it allows you to set spindown time. John ” Will give it a try and report back. I doubt it will solve the S.M.A.R.T. thing, but if it can get the drive…
  • Shura -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Pihole Web interface doesn't load anymore.

Quote from hrseldon: “Overview shows. 4.1.34-1 (Arrakis) Kernel ,Linux 4.19.97-v7+ Is this ok? I again tried reinstalling it , but again didn't work. It seems there are others having the same problem. Dev says ,"OWM is not an supported platform and…
  • Superturisto -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x [HowTo] WireGuard with OMV Super-Easy.

Hi there! Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Another wireguard gui github.com/vx3r/wg-gen-web ” Inspired by this project I was able to install everything on my Openmediavault Raspberry PI server, up and running. Here is my steps. 1. Install Wireguard
  • Superturisto -

Hi there! Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Another wireguard gui github.com/vx3r/wg-gen-web ” Inspired by this project I was able to install everything on my Openmediavault Raspberry PI server, up and running. Here is my steps. 1. Install Wireguard
  • Superturisto -

• clickwir -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x btrfs (and zfs) slow?.

That status page isn't the best, granted. However, many people have tried to get failures with raid56 and have not. It just works. I've been using single drive, RAID1 and RAID10 for many years and it's never has any issues.
  • Superturisto -

Hi there! Quote from TechnoDadLife: “Another wireguard gui github.com/vx3r/wg-gen-web ” Inspired by this project I was able to install everything on my Openmediavault Raspberry PI server, up and running. Here is my steps. 1. Install Wireguard echo…
  • clickwir -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Way to migrate a drive from ext4 to btrfs in OMV?.

btrfs has lots of great features and is far more future proof than ext4. It does not need maintenance, but it doesn't hurt to have some scrubs scheduled.