openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

My setup: Linux Manjaro host with OMV5 running in VirtualBox.

Is it possible to use(pass?) a physical hard drive for data storage in OMV5 running in VirtualBox?

If this is possible, how can I do it?

My understanding is that if I use/pass a physical drive, I could physically remove it, install it in a different computer and all of the data would be accessible via traditional means. Is this true, or am I way out there?

Thanks.
  • New

Hi,
    during the setup of OMV5 i experimented with setting up multiple parallel interfaces and aggregation of e.g. 2 interfaces as a bond (aggregate). During changes e.g. from dynamic to static i often got error messages and the interfaces went down and had to bring them back up e.g. via "ip link set dev enp3s0 up".
    Just now the bond0 went down and I deleted the interface in the WebInterface - after reboot the bond of the two interfaces is still working and active - which I see at the landing page as well. But when I look into the network\interfaces page the bond0 is missing.
    When I try to setup the bond again on the webpage I can actually select the bond0 as another interaface apart to the existing ones enp1s0f0/1 which form the bond.
    Any idea which interface to select or should I just keep it as is ?

I would love to see that the webpage of network\interfaces would actually read the current config as of the system settings e.g. "ip addr".

Any help welcome
  • New

Hello,

My SSD died so I installed a new one. Running OMV 5.14

1/ I was just planning to update the Shares entries to point to the right disk while keeping the same config but I get this: 1.txt

2/ then I tried to delete the SMB entries first to potentially be able to recreate the Shares afterwards but I can't neither. 2.txt

3/ Is there a cleaver way to tweak the Disk entry so the rest remains the same as the new SSD is the same sizes and I want to have it configured with the same Shares and SMB entries etc...

Thanks
    XabiX
  • New

Hi everybody,

In Section 5.0.5. after installing OpenMediaVault, I am unable to upload a new plugin (the plugins I downloaded here: omv-extras.org/debian/pool/mai…nmediavault-omvextrasorg/) and will throw the following error message:

Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Invalid RPC response. Please check the syslog for more information. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:187
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Plugin', 'upload', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/upload.php(44): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

What could be the solution to the problem? (maybe a proxy setup error?)

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

macom

Array failed to Grow in Size After Replacing Failing 2TB Disks with 4TB Disks

fotafm

Aggregated Network (Bond) works but does not show up in Network/Interfaces page

votdev

nextcloud error updating

HackitZ

Help!! MySQL Problem is not installable

johnnymcc