openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?

takai

Move admin system support to USB -> DD

ryecoaaron

Docker GUI plugin now stable

hoppel118

Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_us​ers ?

tkaiser

serial-getty@ttyS0.service on a loop

NothingNowhere

Recent Activities

• takai -

Replied to the thread Force mount FS in GUI with specific fstype?.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “wipefs is pretty good when specifying an exact signature to remove but you should have backups :) ” Yeah, data is backed up, but offshore; and recovering 4tb over an Australian DSL link is less than ideal...
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Move admin system support to USB -> DD.

Quote from Guitoumaster: “I dont understand ” That was for tkaiser. Just clone the sd card to the new device with clonezilla. Then boot gparted-live and resize the partition and filesystem. I think there is even a guide on this forum for that.
  • hoppel118 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Docker GUI plugin now stable.

In my opinion the docker plugin should get integrated to omv with official support. The docker function is one of the key features of my and maybe others omv instance/s. Docker brings all the features of plugins a lot of us miss. Users do not want to…
  • shadowro1999 -

Liked flmaxey’s post in the thread core-plugin [How To] Install Pi-Hole in Docker: Update - 08/10/18.

Like (Post)
    Test your container in a Web Browser
    - ** After saving - allow 2 to 3 minutes for the console web page to start. - Type in pihole's IPaddress/admin in the address bar. (In this example it's 192.168.1.88/admin). Enter the password you added to
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Quote from mrperfektone: “Could the problem I have make problems elsewhere in my system if I do not choose and reinstall? ” No idea. You sit in front of your device, everyone else is away. That's why we in Armbian provide support tools. As already…
  • NothingNowhere -

Replied to the thread serial-getty@ttyS0.service on a loop.

• NothingNowhere -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread serial-getty@ttyS0.service on a loop.

Like (Post)
    Source Code (2 lines)Then reboot. Or search for the service and disable it.
  • mrperfektone -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Okay thanks for reply I'm not the big Linux nerd but you'll never get better if you do not try :) - Could the problem I have make problems elsewhere in my system if I do not choose and reinstall? I do not have an overview of how much this error…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from mrperfektone: “But do not think you can get it on Odroid products at all Or many other small arm servers ” As already mentioned: some of those small ARM servers are ready for the job. The Olimex Lime2 is pretty slow by today's standards…
  • mrperfektone -

Liked tkaiser’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Daily Cron e-mail from openmediavault-check_locked_users ?.

Like (Post)
    Quote from mrperfektone: “/sbin/pam_tally2 ” Ok, then for whatever reasons the $PATH variable when cron is called seems to not contain /sbin/ (no idea why and how to fix this). Anyway: since you're using an Armbian based OMV installation you could…