openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I updated my OMV from Arrakis to Usul, now here in usul come this error:

Brainfuck Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run samba 2>&1' with exit code '1': bananapi: ---------- ID: configure_samba_global Function: file.managed Name: /etc/samba/smb.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/samba/smb.conf updated Started: 23:34:47.959659 Duration: 596.602 ms Changes: ---------- diff: --- +++ @@ -40,79 +40,3 @@ write cache size = 524288 getwd cache = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY -#======================= Share Definitions ======================= -[Filme] -comment = Filme -path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-bananapi1/Filme/ -guest ok = no -guest only = no . . .
    2. . . .
    3. . . .

Please help (my OMV), thank you. :)
  • New

Hi

I'm not sure if this has been asked before or whether anyone has thought about doing it, but I would like to set a sub-domain for accessing the WebGUI of OMV. To explain further, I'm setting up Nextcloud inside a Docker container and I would like to keep the default port 80, however, this clashes with OMV's WebGUI also running on that very same port. To be able to run OMV and Nextcloud's web interfaces together, in theory I should be able to run them each on their own sub-domain. For example
    cloud.openmediavault.lan > Nextcloud's Web interface
    admin.openmediavault.lan > OMV's WebGUI
    I know that OMV runs off a NGINX server and it's config file is found at /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui (symbolic link to /etc/nginx/sites-avaliable). Here's the contents of openmediavault-webgui

Source Code

1. server {
    2. server_name openmediavault-webgui;
  • New

Hello all,

I installed plex last night and it was all running well. On connecting to the web interface today, I get this message:

Unable to connect to <my media> securely
    Its "Secure connections" setting may be set to disabled, or you may need to adjust some settings on your network.
    You can also allow insecure connections now, which will reload the app insecurely.

There are no options for "Secure Connections" in the web GUI that I can see.

Can anybody tell me what I need to do to fix this? I am connecting on my LAN, I have no need to connect to this outside of the LAN.

Thanks,
    Nick.
  • New

So I've enabled notification on my OMV boxes, each set to notify ONLY for file system events. So I have two issues.
    First, one of the boxes actually emails notification when I log on. And the other notifies when space is below 80%.
    Of course, at 80% I still have 2TB free on that system, so I want to adjust that, and I don't need notification when I logon.

The problem though is that I don't see any way to adjust notifications, just turn them on or off, and I don't even see that for the logon notifications.

Am I missing something? How can I adjust these?

Thanks!

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

rrd problem?

madoasp

Letsencrypt plugin to Letsencrypt docker

Morlan

SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card

Adoby

Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A

Shinobi

Make a subdomain for Accessing OpenMediaVault Web GUI

subzero79

Recent Activities

• madoasp -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x rrd problem?.

Hi together, I'm running in the same problem, but unfortunately I dont't have any start-stop-daemon.REAL in my sbin directory :/ root@xxxx:/sbin# ls start-stop-daemon start-stop-daemon root@xxxx:/sbin# Any advice :/...? Or would someone be so kind to…
  • balz333 -

Wrote a comment on KM0201’s wall.

Wall Comment
    You have deleted my posting with the comment "dup". Then tell me please where should be the other posting with exactly the same question. This would be fair instread of silent delete.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt plugin to Letsencrypt docker.

The certs are stored in the config folder of the letsencrypt docker. Best check the documentation. I have no knowledge about ftp in docker.
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt plugin to Letsencrypt docker.

How can i use the cert i got from the letsencrypt docker, to use it with the ftp plugin? With the plugin i could just select it, but now i dont see any available Would a ftp docker in general make more sense or offer other benefits?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card.

Have you tried with the default settings for SMB, instead of your custom? I don't know if that would help, but it might? And it should be very easy to test. Make sure to reboot after changing anything. I would expect you to get much closer to the…
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using OMV and docker-compose - Q&A.

• BozzArc -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Help installing Pi-Hole & monolithic in OMV5 with portainer.

Like (Post)
    Quote from BozzArc: “I am using SBC (raspberry pi 4). ” Ah!! then your answer is here
  • pvnnpavan -

Replied to the thread SMB Slow performance even with 1Gbps NIC Card.

I formatted disk to EXT4, but SMB performance did not change.. I hardly get 60-80 Mbps speed while writing anything. But when I use rsync.. I get speeds upto 550 Mbps.. It seems issue is with SMB. Will SMB work like this only ????
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread Make a subdomain for Accessing OpenMediaVault Web GUI.

I use plenty of sub domains. For this task i use traefik which acts as a reverse proxy very easy to setup. If you use letsencrypt it can automatically renew the certificates. for this to work in the local network a static dns entry that points to a…
  • rhinkhaus -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) State of OMV: final version of OMV5 and EOL of OMV4.

I don't agree with you in the point of using (any) outdated software. The fact that other people ignore the risks of using unmaintained software is not a good argument for making the same mistake. I remember the days last year when some ransomware nuked…