OMV vs Cockpit

ryecoaaron

Intel QuickSync setup help

aykaydub

OMV and Raid controller

ducksama

Recent Activities

• LogicalUnit -

Replied to the thread SMB shares not working on Armbian after update.

root@helios4:~# getent passwd {1000..60000} john:x:1000:100:,,,:/home/john:/bin/bash root@helios4:~#
  • Nefertiti -

Replied to the thread TDL Let's Encrypt tutorial --network error.

Well I am trying to recreate my remote nextcloud without damaging my existing letsencrypt for aisonic,omv, emby, I ran obviously into "conflicting options: cannot attach both user-defined and non-user-defined network-modes." Every time I try to add…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV vs Cockpit.

Quote from jollyrogr: “Is there much of a performance hit? ” If you use the 'raw' format, there is pretty much no hit. qcow2 has more features such as thin provisioning. Look at this for speed difference between the two. I use qcow2 for my VMs.
  • jollyrogr -

Replied to the thread OMV vs Cockpit.

I'll have to look into that. Is there much of a performance hit?
  • aykaydub -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Intel QuickSync setup help.

Quote from ewoodall2000: “when I run vainfo, after installing the items above I am getting this error: ~# vainfo error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment. error: can't connect to X server! libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4 libva info:…
  • ducksama -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV and Raid controller.

Okay, your message brings the answers to the questions I asked myself. I'm still waiting for the delivery of my caddies to start the tests, I will give you my feedback so I hope it will be useful in turn, as you have been for me :thumbup:
  • boozedawg -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt, nextcloud, duckdns with TDL video tutorial.

what do you mean by properly? i ran the docker create network command as shown in the video but the --network my-net tag breaks my containers so i join them this way. I know that it would be ran as --network nextcloud but i had created it as my-net…
  • coldfire -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) openmediavault-omvextrasorg_.

Bitte bleib sachlich ich habe OpenmediaVault per Stick installiert - automatische Installation. mit dem Login als root landet man direkt in Openmediavaultbefehlsebene und unter help gibt es den Befehl wget nicht. man kommt also nicht in die Commandebene…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Letsencrypt, nextcloud, duckdns with TDL video tutorial.

the error message when starting letsencrypt can be ignored. This should not be the issue. Are your containers properly joined in a docker network?
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OMV 4 problems after install.

Quote from Wumpus: “However, just trying a plain installation by installing omv-extras and then just selecting the zfs-plugin from the GUI failed, so I think I need to dig in it somewhat deeper; but that is out-of-scope of this thread. ” The plugin…