openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I have a RAID 1 enclosure that's encrypted using Veracrypt. I connected it to a RPI2b running OMV. I ssh'd into the Pi and mounted the encrypted device at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data. The volume is formatted with exfat and is labeled Data. The problem I'm having is that I can't create a SMB share on it. When I go to the add share panel there is no entry for this device in the Device dropdown menu.
    The device is listed on the Disks page and the file system is listed on the File Systems page with the device shown as /dev/dm-0. I am able to cd into the volume with ssh. How do I create a share on this volume?

Thanks
  • New

I have five disks inside a HDD enclosure (ORICO DS500U3) plugged on one USB 3.0 port of my RPi 4. Four of them are 3.5" HDDs, and one of them is an 2.5" SSD.

I have several shared folders created from the HDDs, no problem here. However, I can't create a shared folder from my SSD, because it does now show up in the dropdown list.

The SSD was previously wiped and formatted (EXT4) through OMV GUI. I can mount it through the GUI, and I can access it through SSH/SFTP using WinSCP. The only thing I can't do with it is creating a shared folder.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
  • New

I have not fully understood the concept of folders, shares and mounts of OMV... Currently I am thinking how I should share an rclone mount I need to distribute to my nvidia Shield.

So normally I would mount the rclone mount to something like /mnt/whatever and put that into the smb config. As I already learned, this is not how to do I properly in OMV.

So first, where do I need to put the rclone mount? On the OS drive? On a data drive? With the latter I can probably add it to the shared folders and work my way from there. Is this the proper way to do it?
  • New

Hello,
    I booted up a Debian Live and I deleted the system partition to resize it. After creating a new partition with the same sector to start but not the same to end (to have extra space for OMV to use it for share) I saved my changes with 'w' I ran 'sudo partprobe' and tried to run 'sudo resize2fs /dev/sda' but the following error occurs:

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

geaves

Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using errorOMV and docker-compose - Q&A

Morlan

Can't Create SMB Share on Veracrypt encrypted device

JohnStiles

Can't create shared folder from a mounted ext4 SSD

heinsenberg82

GParted doesn't launch

matefon

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

Have you tried running a ping to the ip address of the pi
  • jsis83 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

After waiting 2 hours, the same problem. I cannot access via web (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) or by ssh (access denied).
  • DevLiQuiD -

Wrote a comment on TechnoDadLife’s wall.

Wall Comment
    Wanted to ask you if there is a way to install plex on omv5. I have had no luck so far and installing omv4 on my server doesn't work.
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using errorOMV and docker-compose - Q&A.

Quote from Agricola: “With regard to creating a user "docker1" and then creating a directory for "docker1" in /home: when I create the user it is automatically given a home directory in my designated shared folder AppData. Can I use the already…
  • JohnStiles -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Can't Create SMB Share on Veracrypt encrypted device.

• jobrien929 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Can't Create SMB Share on Veracrypt encrypted device.

Thread
    I have a RAID 1 enclosure that's encrypted using Veracrypt. I connected it to a RPI2b running OMV. I ssh'd into the Pi and mounted the encrypted device at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data. The volume is formatted with exfat and is labeled Data. The problem…
  • heinsenberg82 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Can't create shared folder from a mounted ext4 SSD.

Thanks guys. I don't know exactly why I did, but after I removed a strange partition that - I don't know why - was being exibhited on the OMV GUI, now I can make a shared folder from my SSD :D
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud with Letsencrypt using errorOMV and docker-compose - Q&A.

1. With regard to creating a user "docker1" and then creating a directory for "docker1" in /home: when I create the user it is automatically given a home directory in my designated shared folder AppData. Can I use the already created "home" folder to…
  • matefon -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x GParted doesn't launch.

Ok, Thanks! Maybe I will install Debian 10. If that doesn't work, I will have to get back to OMV3 or another NAS software... ;(
  • KJaneway -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Update Issues Upgrading from 3.x --> 5.0 (beta).

did i miss something? Do you need more infos? Mabye I have missed some important formal requirements when making this thread?