Adoby

Error adding shares to NFS

Looking for a Mini ITX motherboard to build a home NAS

Jopa

Installing docker creates an error

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• Adoby -

Replied to the thread Doubts about shared folders / SMB / Firmware Update.

I recommend flashing the firmware for the USB/SATA bridge. Then you can specify a sane spindown time. Otherwise it will be just a few minutes, causing the drive to spin up/down all the time. I currently have my spindown set to 120 minutes. Whatever you…
  • Agricola -

Replied to the thread Doubts about shared folders / SMB / Firmware Update.

1. Yes. 2. Yes. Set your one user to read/write. 3. Once your main SAMBA shares are set up, create sub folders directly from Windows. 4a. Just leave the setting alone. It is disabled by default. 4b. This is @Adoby’s specialty. 4c. There is a field to…
  • Jopa -

Replied to the thread Looking for a Mini ITX motherboard to build a home NAS.

Hi, guess it's the same with AMD and intel - the latter I know better: Real nice boards for NAS purposes with an embedded cpu are very expensive. Even on 2nd hand market, if someone 's there sell to them at all. So I got used to look for older…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Installing docker creates an error.

Quote from siddharth_bhal: “path provided as "Docker Storage" in ui has to be a shared folder. ” Nope. It is an absolute path anywhere on the system. I wouldn't use a mergerfs pool for this though. Quote from siddharth_bhal: “I am getting…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) web interface for easy file sharing?.

• Rd65 -

Replied to the thread Can't login to web interface.

the dhcp data seem to be ok. but the warning/error on dhcp -v point to a missconfig of the resolver daemon. in old times /etc/resolv.conf was a file containing a nameserverip. easy and well done. in modern times /etc/resolv.conf is a link to a file which…
  • lala146 -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x Resolved [HELP] Can't Log in on the Web-Gui with right credentials.

Hello I am facing the same problem and tried almost all that is suggested in this thread but still I can't login to web-Gui. I also tried to reset the password with omv-firstaid and in the end also tried passwd admin I am running OMV on an ARM Marvell…
  • nex86 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved using scheduled jobs to run script at reboot.

I could try that too. but does it reload the configuration as well? edit: yep. works. proftpd wasn't the only service that had this issue for me. there were other services that couldn't establish an internet connection at the time there were…
  • daniel0319 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Glances for OMV 4 / R Pi 4.

Quote from Morlan: “@daniel0319 did you try it out?” I had not the time to try it. I will let you know, when I will try it. Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
  • subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved using scheduled jobs to run script at reboot.

Why don’t you try just /usr/bin/systemctl restart proftpd I don’t have this issue in my system, I saw it a couple of times in a testing vm but not anymore in my current file server.