openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I have a RAID 1 enclosure that's encrypted using Veracrypt. I connected it to a RPI2b running OMV. I ssh'd into the Pi and mounted the encrypted device at /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Data. The volume is formatted with exfat and is labeled Data. The problem I'm having is that I can't create a SMB share on it. When I go to the add share panel there is no entry for this device in the Device dropdown menu.
    The device is listed on the Disks page and the file system is listed on the File Systems page with the device shown as /dev/dm-0. I am able to cd into the volume with ssh. How do I create a share on this volume?

Thanks
  • New

I have five disks inside a HDD enclosure (ORICO DS500U3) plugged on one USB 3.0 port of my RPi 4. Four of them are 3.5" HDDs, and one of them is an 2.5" SSD.

I have several shared folders created from the HDDs, no problem here. However, I can't create a shared folder from my SSD, because it does now show up in the dropdown list.

The SSD was previously wiped and formatted (EXT4) through OMV GUI. I can mount it through the GUI, and I can access it through SSH/SFTP using WinSCP. The only thing I can't do with it is creating a shared folder.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks.
  • New

I have not fully understood the concept of folders, shares and mounts of OMV... Currently I am thinking how I should share an rclone mount I need to distribute to my nvidia Shield.

So normally I would mount the rclone mount to something like /mnt/whatever and put that into the smb config. As I already learned, this is not how to do I properly in OMV.

So first, where do I need to put the rclone mount? On the OS drive? On a data drive? With the latter I can probably add it to the shared folders and work my way from there. Is this the proper way to do it?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

LUKS disk encryption plugin

kavejo

Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick

darkopi

Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing

geaves

Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4

geaves

Issues Upgrading from 3.x --> 5.0 (beta)

KM0201

Recent Activities

• Morlan -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Install Portainer from the command line if the external port requires changing from :9000, Portainers internal port is bound to the container and cannot be changed. A simple how to on how to install Portainer from the cli, with a warning or reference on…
  • kavejo -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Quote from josg: “Quote from Poincare1: “My drive is not mounted, but as I posted above, nothing shows up in the device dropdown, no /dev/sda or anything like that.... ” I have the same issue. The device dropbox only flashes a bit but remains…
  • darkopi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Odroid HC2 - move OS to USB stick.

I wont to save my SD card from many reads/writes and with that SD card will be safe from errors. Whit that setup I have Initial os backup on my SD card if something goes wrong.
  • ottoking -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Install Portainer from the command line if the external port requires changing from :9000, Portainers internal port is bound to the container and cannot be changed. A simple how to on how to install Portainer from the cli, with a warning or reference on…
  • kavejo -

Replied to the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Hi, I have just tried to create a LUKS-Encrypted device via the plugin but I seem unable to do so. I had a hardware RAID-1 drive (/dev/sdb) mounted an in use. I have removed the shared folders, unmounted and deleted the file system. At this point he…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

• KM0201 -

Liked TechnoDadLife’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    I vote for simplicity. What program needs port 9000?
  • KM0201 -

Liked TechnoDadLife’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    This would be super easy to forward in docker. I really do suggest not complicating things for one program.
  • KM0201 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from TechnoDadLife: “What program needs port 9000? ” Squeezebox I guess. ” Maybe whenever there is a new install, create a script that they can use to let @ryecoaaron SSH their server, and do everything for them... That…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Problem install OMV4 Raspberry Pi 4.

Quote from jsis83: “Ping always works every time. If I can't make version 4 work, I will have to try 5. Thank you for your time. ” Then the problem is the SD Card which is usually the case, the OMV5 guide has information on how to test it.