openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there,

I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in OMV5?

Thanks
  • New

Hi,

after strarting installation directly from the installation media did not succedd (see thread "Graphics issue when starting install"), I followed the recommended practice:
    1. install intended system drive in anoither computer
    2. perform initial install until 1st reboot (worked perfectly)
    3. re-install the prepared system drive into the NAS box
    While this generally worked and resulted in a "somehow" useable system, I faced several problems, which I were not able to solve all, so any help is appreciated..
    1. Network interface name mismatch, so no network available - solved by manual correction eth0 => eno1
    2. Missing firmware "kbl_dmc_ver1_04.bin" - solved my manual installation
    3. always 4 "machiche check events" upon boot, but system is stable ... see below
    4. systemd timeout because system harddisk does not become available - but afterwards the disk including all partitions is ok, but timeout is 1min 30 seconds ... see below
    5. boot ends up in "emergency mode" (I assume the result of the above issues 3. and
  • New

Hello again.
    I did a fresh install of OMV4 on a clead disk. Done all updates and install only OMV-Extras and LVM Manager. After that i connect my "old" RAID5 (4 WD 3TB disks) to the machine and start.
    All drives are recognized, also the RAID Array. All logical volumes on tat Array created under OMV3 are visible and it is possible to get the old data when i create a share.

But it is NOT possible to resize any of the Logical volumes. My Physical RAID5 Shows 8.19 TB and 3.78 are used on several "old" Logical Volumes.

Someone with some needfull tips.

nice sunday
    Tom

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Cant add shared folder (Cant select device)

geaves

OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon)

tobefond

Is OMV5 out of beta?

geaves

No IP instead weird letters

geaves

Plex on Docker - looking for servers

KM0201

Recent Activities

• geaves -

Replied to the thread Cant add shared folder (Cant select device).

Quote from VladVons: “I wonder about the 10 years old OMV project which has no such feature as a partion ! ” Don't know :) I just use it.
  • tobefond -

Replied to the thread OMV for RockPro64 (and other RK3399 devices soon).

Will the NanoPC T4 get openmediavault 5 with Debian10 ? If so, will it be possible to upgrade or is a new fresh install required?
  • VladVons -

I wonder about the 10 years old OMV project which has no such feature as a partion ! dont hurt me baby .... :( what to do? install on ProxMox 5G virtual disk + 250g disk and than clone with Clonezilla and restore on real 250G SSD? not crazy?
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Major Upgrade Update Is OMV5 out of beta?.

Quote from RS1: “The "latest version" download link usually ignores beta's.. unless of course this is an oversight? ” There's been no announcement on the forum that 5 has been released and from other threads it will release when Buster 10.1 is.
  • RS1 -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from RS1: “Hi there, I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a…
  • geaves -

Quote from RS1: “Hi there, I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my…
  • RS1 -

Posted the thread Major Upgrade Update Is OMV5 out of beta?.

Thread
    Hi there, I went to install the latest version of OMV4 only to see that the latest version is reported as v5.05. Is it out of beta? Should I go ahead and install this version? Further - is there a way to take a config backup of my OMV4 and restore in…
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x No IP instead weird letters.

Quote from thegameksk: “Under DHCP it says IPv4 start 192.168.1.2 and IPv4 end 192.168.1.254 ” That's not normal!! there is usually a range which is used to assign to DHCP requests on your network, as an example my router is assigned 254 but the DHCP…
  • KM0201 -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from VladVons: “I installed x64 OMV image on my 250g and cant create shared folder because device item is unavailable. All space in a roor FS ” The only way I can explain this is from my own experience, using a 32Gb USB…
  • geaves -

Quote from VladVons: “I installed x64 OMV image on my 250g and cant create shared folder because device item is unavailable. All space in a roor FS ” The only way I can explain this is from my own experience, using a 32Gb USB flash drive, OMV…