openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello,

I'm having the following issue : randomly, when booting or rebooting my nas (intel NUC + 4-disks icybox USB3 bay) some of my drive's partitions are missing (/dev/sdb is there, but not /dev/sdb1).
    If i enter maintenance shell and re-probe my drive (hdparm -z /dev/sdb) then the partition appears (!).

I'm feeling this is an issue with the spin-up of my disks, because for whatever reason (usb re-init after bios ?), just after GRUB all my disk spin down then up, one by one (probably a sequence internal to my bay), and at that moment systemd mount scripts are waiting for my partitions to appear. Some are detected, but most of the time, at least one is not then the script times-out after 1min30 and boot sequence fails.

Has anyone ever heard of such an issue ?

Is there a way to insert a pause at boot just before the partitions mount, in order to give my disks more time to spin up ?

Thanks in advance,
  • New

I want to use OMV5 as a backup/fileserver NAS on a Raspberry PI4 4GB with a 6TB HDD.
    I plan to duplicate this setup externally and sync the 2 NAS systems.
    I've installed OMV5 several times, and had a play with LVM2, but I've decided to use ZFS instead of LVM2 for more versatility and for sending snapshots between the 2 systems.
    I've already managed to compile ZFS on the Pi4 using a 64-bit kernel with 32-bit Raspbian and had a play with that

My problem is in trying to put OMV and ZFS together.
    When I try to enable ZFS in the plugins, it wants to re-install zfs-dkms and this then fails (probably because it really needs a 64-bit userland to build zfs properly...?)

Has anyone had any experience with this?
    Is it possible to install the zfs plugin without re-installing the zfs kernel modules.
    Or should I be looking at another 64-bit OS like Ubuntu? I already tried debian64, but I didn't get ZFS installed on it properly.
  • New

Hi. As usual, sorry for my english. I don't want to use docker to install letsencrypt. So, i would like to know how to log omv webgui in SSL using acme.sh ? After install lets with this method, when i try to connect on my server with my domain name (duckdns.org), i found nginx page :
    Welcome to nginx!
    If you see this page, the nginx web server is successfully installed andworking. Further configuration is required.
    For online documentation and support please refer tonginx.org.
    Commercial support is available atnginx.com.

Thank you for using nginx.

Why i don't get to the omw webgui page ? How done

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 4.1.34 on ESXI 6.7 shoud I install open-vm-tools

TimeMachine wie?

WastlJ

systemd logs a warning for a samba directory

thedarkness

My /etc/resolv.conf gets rewritten periodically

striscio

Increase storage with RAID 0?

cabrio_leo

Recent Activities

• omv4711 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.1.34 on ESXI 6.7 shoud I install open-vm-tools.

Thread
    Hi, should I install open-vm-tools on my omv 4.1.34 which runs on esxi 6.7? I am afraid of getting in trouble after installing open-vm-tools. Do i really need it on a server with no gui? thx in advance omv4711
  • draddy -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread Sharedfolders.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gett: “Quote from votdev: “We can disable it by default ” My 2 cents I use OMV for about a year, so let me explain my evolution and why I think disbling /sharedfolders is not good idea. - Start with turorials how to install and configure…
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread TimeMachine wie?.

tgt... Man kann auch mit der Kirche ums Dorf... Vorausgesetzt du nutzt OMV 5.x, kannst du das normal mit SMB machen. Ansonsten musst du zusätzlich über AFP den Ordner bereitstellen. Wichtig ist, dass du bei dem Shared Folder, den du via TimeMachine…
  • thedarkness -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) systemd logs a warning for a samba directory.

Seems that Votdev has fixed the issue with this commit github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/pull/616 Yeah :)
  • gett -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread Sharedfolders.

Like (Post)
    Quote from gett: “Quote from votdev: “We can disable it by default ” My 2 cents I use OMV for about a year, so let me explain my evolution and why I think disbling /sharedfolders is not good idea. - Start with turorials how to install and configure…
  • striscio -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x My /etc/resolv.conf gets rewritten periodically.

• cabrio_leo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Increase storage with RAID 0?.

Quote from HannesJo: “I think these warnings like "Dont use RAID0, you are going to lose your data" cause many people thinking "Oh ok, then I dont do that and my data is save". ” Did I say "Don´t use RAID 0"? I didn think so. I have merely referred…
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread Sharedfolders.

• Huberer -

Replied to the thread Portainer/Docker issues.

Do you use the proxmox-kernel? If yes, portainer is not working under this kernel. If installed on three different machines the proxmox kernel and couldn‘t get portainer to run. On the standard Debian kernel everything runs fine. Gesendet von iPhone…
  • nexusle -

Replied to the thread TimeMachine wie?.

Das tgt-Plugin wie folgt konfigurieren: Unter "Images" ein File anlegen. Da es ein mitwachsendes Image ist, belegt es nicht von Anfang an die volle Größe auf Deinem Storage. Ich habe für mein Laufwerk 1TB gewählt. Momentan musst Du den Pfad manuell…