openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Just want to consult experts here what would be the best config-wise for the following specs:

Running OMV on ESXi with passthru LSI IT mode connects to Supermicro expander with 24 x 1TB drives.

What are the best config options for 24 drives? (E.g. ZFS, snapraid, RAID6 etc...)

Likewise, I have another always-on system with only 8 drives. Appreciate if you can give advice on 8-drive Config as well.

Thanks in advance
  • New

Hi.

First off, this is my first post here. I'm not shure if this question/problem goes in the network or docker section, so I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have with success installed haugene/transmission-openvpn Docker plugin by following Techno Dad Life's youtube video. Everything worked fine. But I noticed that through the VPN (tun0) that my OpenMediaVault server was wide open by entering my VPN ip address in a browser. There I could reach transmission and OpenMediaVault webpages and so on.

I tried to enable UFW by setting it to true in the haugene/transmission-openvpn Docker plugin, But when I did that, I could not reach my openmediavault server at all. No ssh, shares no web.

So I'm wondering, can anyone give me some pointers to make my server by not be widely open trough haugene/transmission-openvpn Docker plugin?

Sorry for my bad english :P :D

Gyppie
  • New

Hi,

I'm having a very weird problem.
    I have a 28 GB SSD on witch is installed OMV, and since yesterday I can't login OMV anymore and it appears that it's because my SSD is Full.
    28 GB used for OMV seemed kinda strange, so I ran Ubuntu to try and understand and found this :

0 bytes free on a 28 GB SSD, but it also states that the content is totalling 3.6 GB minus the unreadable content.
    Only 1 folder was not readable when I tried was in ETC/SSL if I'm remembering correctly.

Was the hell is going on ? :)

Also how can I make some space to login and backup everything I need without deleting something important ?

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Loosing network connections

crashtest

help needed to install on raspberrypi 3b+

crashtest

OMV in KVM (proxmox) - passthrough disk not visible for shared folders

donh

OMV Best Config for 8 and 24 drives

Samba 4.7.0+ for SMB encryption?

Kaldek

Recent Activities