openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

So if I make a unionfs filesystem called ted. then go to shared folders and make 3 folders that are all located on the new ted device. Then make a new docker and bind to those folders it writes to them but does not use them in the webgui.

Now if I make a shared folder on disk1 and make a new docker and bind to those folders it works fine.

Im using 2 hhd to make my unionfs filesystem. leaving all the settings default. both drives were wiped. The shared folder is everyone: read/write

The info in protainer says that a file is corrupt. Inside one of the folders. this is using the unionfs ted device.
  • New

Hi OMV community,

i´m not a total noob in Debain, that means i have a little experience. At least it was enough to install debian on my NAS and get it work.
    Now i did a hardware update and had to make a new install and decided to use OMV instead of debian.

Now the Problem, after installing openmediavault_5.0.5-amd64 on my fresh debian-10.2.0-amd64 i tried to install OMV-Extra.

After uploading and the fileopenmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all4 i tried to install but get this error:

Source Code

1. Reading package lists...
    2. Building dependency tree...
    3. Reading state information...
    4. The following NEW packages will be installed:
    5. openmediavault-omvextrasorg
    6. 0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    7. Need to get 0 B/75.3 kB of archives.
    8. After
  • New

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is a stooopid question. I'm working on my first Rasberry Pi project and would like to use OMV to create a NAS. In videos I've watched there was a specific download for the Rasberry Pi. I can't find that on the website. I see downloads for SBCs. Can you tell me which would be the correct one to download for a Rasberry Pi 4?

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Duane

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker not able to use unionfs filesystem

jump

USB -> SSD

crashtest

mergerfs not distribute data evenly

tinh_x7

Problems installing OVM5 in RPI 2B+

crashtest

Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery

crashtest

Recent Activities

• jump -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker not able to use unionfs filesystem.

Quote from crashtest: “Create a share direct on one of your data drives, to house your Dockers. Docker performance will be good and the merged UnionFS mount point will balance storage around anything you put in the share. ” I new to OMV. but if I…
  • jump -

Quote from crashtest: “You don't have to use the UnionFS mount point to store Dockers, and you shouldn't. Both Docker and UnionFS use versions of overlayfs which doesn't work well, when one is layered on the other. ” I understand that I will be…
  • crashtest -

You don't have to use the UnionFS mount point to store Dockers, and you shouldn't. Both Docker and UnionFS use versions of overlayfs which doesn't work well, when one is layered on the other. Create a share direct on one of your data drives, to house…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) USB -> SSD.

Using a 32GB USB drive to boot works fine but, as has been stated, you'll need to insure that your Docker path is pointed somewhere else. And you'll need to install the flash memory plugin to insure that your USB thumb-drive lasts a long time. If…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) mergerfs not distribute data evenly.

I notice that since I'm starting using SnapRaid/MergerFS, my server can't enter hibernation mode. Anybody else has this issue ?
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Problems installing OVM5 in RPI 2B+.

What installation process are you using? Have you tried -> this ?
  • openletter -

Liked Indoorser’s post in the thread OMV 2.x LUKS disk encryption plugin.

Like (Post)
    Hi guys. Since noone can help a noob but another noob, I do :) OMV 4.1.22, slightly wrong sequence: 1. Install LUKS plugin. If you don't have one in the list of plugins, first install omvextras plugin (manual upload of .deb file and activate the…
  • AlbertoPalomares -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Problems installing OVM5 in RPI 2B+.

Thread
    I have problems installing OVM5 in RPi 2B+, ERROR: Errors were encountered while processing: monit openmediavault E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) failed to install openmediavault package. I dont find any solution to this issue…
  • jump -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Docker not able to use unionfs filesystem.

Thread
    So if I make a unionfs filesystem called ted. then go to shared folders and make 3 folders that are all located on the new ted device. Then make a new docker and bind to those folders it writes to them but does not use them in the webgui. Now if I make…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Harddrive Failure and Data Recovery.

Quote from curious1: “Quote from crashtest: “Why Backup is Important - A Case Example ” Funny. I can always change it when we have resolved the issue ;( (or exhausted all possibilities, short of sending the drives to a data recovery service :( ) ” I…