News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

System logs - Date & Time column gone?

Debian RAID fault after restart?

hemertje

SSD Trim with OMV 5.x

balz333

My OMV crashed partly, one linear Raid Volume is present, the other Raid 1 Volume is missing

Flint968

"drive is missing" and the hdd is down

macom

Recent Activities

• Erinox -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) System logs - Date & Time column gone?.

Thread
    Hi. I've just scrolled through my Update management history and terminal output logs and accidentally clicked on the message column so the messages got sorted by name. I'm fairly sure there was a Date & Time Column there before? But now I can't access…
  • hemertje -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Debian RAID fault after restart?.

• balz333 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved SSD Trim with OMV 5.x.

Quote from votdev: “OMV5 does this automatically during setup. ” Automatically for the system drive or for the data drives too ? And is it globally enabled for future drive extensions or only for the drives at the first installation. thx@all
  • Hi, I did it and finaly it works. But I guess I made an error while incidentily I assambled /dev/sde and /dev/sdf, where sdf is the drive OS & OMV is running on. || Is it possible /dev/sdd is off and could not be assambled with the mirror drive? I…
  • balz333 -

Liked votdev’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved SSD Trim with OMV 5.x.

Like (Post)
    OMV5 does this automatically during setup. github.com/openmediavault/open…/setup/fstrim/default.sls
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved SSD Trim with OMV 5.x.

OMV5 does this automatically during setup. github.com/openmediavault/open…/setup/fstrim/default.sls
  • macom -

Replied to the thread "drive is missing" and the hdd is down.

You had shared folders pointing at that drive which is not there any more. Remove the shared folders from all services. Delete the shared folders. Remove the drive. It is the same process as you did when setting up the system, just in reverse…
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Denied admin access after fail update.

You can put the SD card in a Linux laptop/desktop and enable root ssh login. You can use startpage, yahoo or google to find how to to this. After that you can reboot the odroid and login as root.
  • cavalon -

Replied to the thread Delete of (old) Plexmediaserver repo.

...as I have everything backed up, I tried upgrading: after correcting some unmet dependencies ('apt-get -f install') and moving away the backports.list ('mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list /root/') everything went…
  • WastlJ -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Netatalk.

Quote from johannp02180: “there has been known performance and connection issues with SMB ” for example? Absolutely stable here. Quote from johannp02180: “AFP is preferred and recommended ” By whom? Not by Apple.