openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

*English*

Hello,

I have here a script that works fine in the terminal. Now I wanted to call this regularly via the OMV "Scheduled Tasks".

Set up and started manually... The output gives me a warning. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the user root executes the script in the terminal? ? Thanks

*German*

Hallo,

ich habe hier ein script das einwandfrei im Terminal funktioniert. Das wollte ich nun über die OMV "Geplante Aufgaben" regelmäßig aufrufen.

Eingerichtet und manuell gestartet... Die Ausgabe gibt mir eine Warnung aus. Hat das vielleicht was damit zu tun das im Terminal der User root das script ausführt? Danke

OMV wrote:

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.
  • New

Hi,

My NAS is up and running however the speeds are topping out at around 45 megabytes, while this is good it is not what I would like it to be. Both the NAS and the Computers are all connected by ethernet at 1 gigabit through my router. I would love to achieve around 100 megabytes especially when reading data.

I am running 3x500gb drives in RAID 5. All connected individually through sata 2 so the speed here should not be an issue as each drive gets me around 100 megabyte read and write, and sata 2 is capable of 150 megabytes
    Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5500 @ 2.80GHz
    RAM : 4GB

If you require any other information please ask.
    Thanks

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

General advice for NAS/file server

ThomasH

Plex Media Server - Plug-Ins directory?

denver2020

Best way for plex server

phrogpilot73

Cooling the chipset

Snapraid with 2x BTRFS and 1x EXT4 good?

Shinobi

Recent Activities

• ThomasH -

Replied to the thread General advice for NAS/file server.

Yes, I'm aware. I've never used striped sets (other than as part of W10 parity storage) and I wouldn't use it for storage. Doubt I'd feel any particular need to use it for anything else either; a 1TB PCIe M.2 disk is not that pricey these days and is…
  • denver2020 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Media Server - Plug-Ins directory?.

hi .. trying to setup ccloud on Plex on openmediavault. can you guide me how to setup? never installed plugins for Plex under OMV so any guides will really help.. should this be done via PuTTy? I'm on OMV 4xxx
  • phrogpilot73 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best way for plex server.

Is your existing Plex database on Windows or Linux? There's instructions on the Plex site (or forums, don't remember) for copying from Linux to Linux, and Windows to Windows, they also have a post on going from Windows to Linux. I tried it (going from…
  • Shinobi -

Posted the thread Cooling the chipset.

Thread
    Hi, my NAS build runs pretty cool (CPU ~ 40°), but my chipset always has around 75-78°... Mobo: Asrock h370m-itx... Any chance i can cool it better with some cooling block or something similar?
  • Shinobi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Snapraid with 2x BTRFS and 1x EXT4 good?.

Thanks. I'm in the process of moving files to one disk, so i can reformat the other in ext4 until all are in ext4
  • crashtest -

Quote from ThomasH: “At work I've got a W10 computer with some kind of mirror on it, I assume it's some newer Intel RAID implementation since it's a fairly new MB with an Intel CPU on it, but I don't know. ” If the PC was running RAID"0", on 2 disks,…
  • crashtest -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Snapraid with 2x BTRFS and 1x EXT4 good?.

Quote from Shinobi: “Ok thanks. Yes I saw the page, but it didn't really say which one they recommend... ” If there's a choice, always go with one that doesn't have caveats. (EXT4 or XFS) Quote from Shinobi: “So, I would need to move all my data…
  • ThomasH -

I haven't tested it extensively or in any way that'd satisfy the scientific method if that's what you're asking. Several years ago I used Intel ICH9 or something similar on the motherboard for a mirror, and I believe it did increase read performance. I…
  • wesleyliekens -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Best way for plex server.

thanks I got it to work now is there a way I can copy my existing plex database to this linuxversion? or make this plex search in that same folder? its an external ssd connected to my computer
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread Raspberry pi 4 announced, better than 3?.

Quote from ManuelM: “Now I want to mount a NTFS volume and I get the error: ” That's because the ntfs module has not been loaded how/what image/process did you use?