openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100

m4dm4x

Installing headers after kernel update?

henkall

How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD

ryecoaaron

Apache

ryecoaaron

Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• m4dm4x -

Replied to the thread OMV 4 hangs randomly with high load > 100.

Tried about 1000 different things to resolve the referenced issue. I am happy to report that the last 3 days are back to normal. However I am concerned since I have not actually located what I did to fix the issue. One of the things that I have…
  • henkall -

Replied to the thread Installing headers after kernel update?.

Quote from henkall: “At the moment I am running Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64. Now I have installed the "linux-headers-amd64" to see if that solves my little issue. Thank you for mentioning that. Keep up the good work. I think OMV is awesome. :)
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

backup-omv-18-Jan-2019_14-12-01.blkid :: This is the output of blkid put in a file for informational purposes. backup-omv-18-Jan-2019_14-12-01.fdisk :: This is the output of fdisk -l put in a file for informational purposes.
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Apache.

Quote from michelefaccini: “I saw that there is no Docker arm container for apache. ” It is called httpd - hub.docker.com/r/arm32v7/httpd/
  • bvrulez -

Thanks a lot! This is actual the information I was hoping to gather. If you would like to elaborate more on the seperate files and their purpose I would be glad to also include it into the guide.
  • bvrulez -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread How to restore OMV 4.X from backup-plugin to system SSD.

Like (Post)
    Nice guide. I would only add that if you are restoring to a new disk, write the backup of grub and the partition table (.grubparts file) to the disk before the fsarchiver restfs step with: dd
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Quick MiniDLNA tip on symlinks.

Quote from raulfg3: “better if this option can be added to webGUI ” I added it to the OMV 5.x version of the plugin - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…33816ef488881fcc774be4120
  • hd458 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Festplatte wird nicht richtig erkannt (3TB werden als 987GB erkannt).

Thread
    Hallo zusammen, wie oben schon geschrieben, wird mein 3TB nur mit 987GB erkannt. Wenn ich einen USB3.0 Adapter nehme, wird die Platte am WIN 10 Rechner richtig erkannt. Mit einen USB2.0 nicht. Leider funktioniert der AdapterUSB3.0 nicht am PI. Bei dem…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x I can't copy or move files to shared folders from any pc or mac.

Since this appears to be a permissions issue, note the following is speculation. (Others please chime in.) A few things to consider: 1. Since you're using hfsplu, a Mac filesystem, it's apparent that this disk was not formatted by OMV. It was done on…
  • ryecoaaron -

Nice guide. I would only add that if you are restoring to a new disk, write the backup of grub and the partition table (.grubparts file) to the disk before the fsarchiver restfs step with: dd