openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Probem with rsync between OMV and QNAP and vice versa

Help with Easy Backup solution

flmaxey

[HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

flmaxey

Fileshare network freezes under heavy traffic

gderf

noexec argument returns automatically

gderf

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Help with Easy Backup solution.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “This is a pretty good article that they pretty much replicate rsnapshot with scripts and rsync. Maybe a whole new plugin using some of these ideas with a restore and remote capabilities since I think this can do a push to remote…
  • flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 1.0 [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV.

Quote from GreatBigGeek: “Is there an updated procedure somewhere in this 40 page thread for installing ZFS? If so, can someone save me the trouble of flipping through 40 pages? The original procedure as documented 3 years ago does not seem to apply…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Fileshare network freezes under heavy traffic.

Well, it isn't an OMV problem AFAICT. I plugged a Windows 7 machine into the network and OMV's samba served up the same files I was trying to copy just fine. The transfer also ran almost three times as fast. So there must be a problem with my main…
  • flmaxey -

When I've run into "Could not get a lock", a reboot cleared the issue. There may be other ways to do it.
  • GreatBigGeek -

Could not get a lock on /var/cache/apt/archives/lock - will google
  • GreatBigGeek -

OK here is a key I was missing omv-extras.org/joomla/index.php/guides
  • GreatBigGeek -

Is there an updated procedure somewhere in this 40 page thread for installing ZFS? If so, can someone save me the trouble of flipping through 40 pages? The original procedure as documented 3 years ago does not seem to apply to the most recent release.…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Resolved OMV 4.x noexec argument returns automatically.

If your rootfs was mounted noexec OMV couldn't run at all. You have other problems.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Plex not transcoding. Docker..

Quote from exclusive213: “I have to do this even in the root directory where OMV4 is installed? ” You do not need to do this. If your rootfs drive was mounted noexec, the system could not run at all. You have other problems.
  • exclusive213 -

Replied to the thread Plex not transcoding. Docker..

This is what the openmediavault file has inside the defaults folder: # This file is part of OpenMediaVault. # # @license gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html GPL Version 3 # @author Volker Theile <volker.theile@openmediavault.org> # @copyright Copyright (c)…