openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

I have an old external HDD that i am trying to setup in OMV as a simple Samba share. I've connected it, mounted it etc, but when I navigate to it I can't see any of the existing folders or files on it. The HDD shows that it has media on it under storage.

Is there a way I can simply inherit the existing folder/file structure into my new OMV setup? Or do I need to create new shared folders of the existing folders that are already on the HDD? If so, is there a way of listing all of the folders on the external HDD as I can no longer see them and can't remember all the of the individual names.
  • New

Hi
    I was replice one HDD in my RAID6 and I can't assemble now drive.
    I was delete filesystem to can stop mdadm and use command sudo mdadm -C /dev/md127 --assume-clean --level=6 --raid-devices=4 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde
    now i have nothing... pleas healp me:(

Source Code

1. /dev/sdb1: UUID="babe33cf-3f47-408a-adbc-f734b4822555" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="916131fd-01"
    2. /dev/sdb5: UUID="a785d4b6-e96b-4298-929f-b8016185502b" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="916131fd-05"
    3. /dev/sdc: UUID="13c08ee8-50a9-8d2b-bf97-5654b9ba8ff1" UUID_SUB="1b3077dc-36aa-1464-3e84-98c36a1a4a01" LABEL="nas:Raid6" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    4. /dev/sda: UUID="172fada9-4237-450b-1bd6-a70db7d74b63" UUID_SUB="8ee94d27-7512-09b7-d6e8-fa176826690c" LABEL="nas:127" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    5. /dev/sdd: UUID="172fada9-4237-450b-1bd6-a70db7d74b63"
  • New

Hallo,

nachdem ich lange kein reboot gemacht hatte, und dieser mal wieder fällig war, bootete das debian 9.9 nicht mehr in die shell.
    Ich habe keinen Anhaltspunkt an was es liegen kann, folgendes kann ich nur sagen:

Generell komme ich auf das root-Verzeichnis (Konsole) nur noch via Rescue Modus oder Grub Bash (init=/bin/bash)
    1. Es wird kein SWAP Partition gefunden. Das Anlegen einer neuer SWAP Partition mittels gparted funktioniert. Anschließend in die /etc/fstab und resume die neue UUID eintragen geht auch. Den Kernel mittels update-initframtools aktalisieren schlägt fehl. SWAP Partition in die /etc/fstab auskommentieren, ist der Fehler halt weg.
    2. Verschiedene Dienste können nicht gestartet werden
    failed to start ... rpcbind, lvm, nfs-kernel
    3. In der Rescue Shell keine Updates möglich
    "temporärer fehler bei der namensauflösung"

sources.list mit IP-Adressen ausgetauscht, updates teilweise funktionall, aber Kernel kann nicht geupdatt werden

Installierte Kernel

4.19.0.0 bpo 5…

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Jdownloader 2 with VPN

marioficozzi

haugene/transmission-openvpn port forwarding problem

gderf

External HDD not showing existing folders

macom

New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images

macom

How recovery RAID and filesystem without format

geaves

Recent Activities

• marioficozzi -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Jdownloader 2 with VPN.

Quote from bugado: “I think I'm done :D I tried a lot of methods with a single openvpn container in order to point my other containers on. Such as chuckremes/openvpn-client dperson and others. I failed :( So finally I create my jdownloader container…
  • marioficozzi -

Liked bugado’s post in the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Jdownloader 2 with VPN.

Like (Post)
    I think I'm done :D I tried a lot of methods with a single openvpn container in order to point my other containers on. Such as chuckremes/openvpn-client dperson and others. I failed :( So finally I create my jdownloader container and use the network…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x haugene/transmission-openvpn port forwarding problem.

Quote from Gre@T: “I tested the connection with the two given test site. None of them showing my real ip address. I am using Deluge 2.0.3-2 version. ” I'm stuck on Deluge 1.3.15. The latest is 2.0.3 but a must have plugin has not been ported to 2.0.3 yet.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) External HDD not showing existing folders.

When you create a shared folder, use the drop down menueforum.openmediavault.org/index…28f3c25c434fc2721ccc660bc
  • Gre@T -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x haugene/transmission-openvpn port forwarding problem.

I tested the connection with the two given test site. None of them showing my real ip address. I am using Deluge 2.0.3-2 version.
  • macom -

Replied to the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

For example with Win32Diskimager on Windows or fsarchiver on Linux.
  • geaves -

Replied to the thread How recovery RAID and filesystem without format.

Quote from keramart: “a made reboot ” Why? don't reboot until it's resolved! ok omv-mkconf mdadm
  • keramart -

Ok you have md127 running with 3 drives? - yes a made reboot :( cat /etc/mdadm/mdadm.conf # mdadm.conf # # Please refer to mdadm.conf(5) for information about this file. # # by default, scan all partitions (/proc/partitions) for MD superblocks. #…
  • remf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) External HDD not showing existing folders.

Quote from gderf: “Try these commands in the shell or console: cd /srv ls -al Then identify the disk you want to look into and cd into it by its name. ” Thank you so much. That worked perfectly and did exactly what I wanted. Thanks again!
  • geaves -

Ok you have md127 running with 3 drives? what's the output of cat /proc/mdstat the inactive-array error can be resolved as well, do not reboot!