openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker error for unknown service

flmaxey

my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX

trasherPL

Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue)

tkaiser

Slight difficulty understanding virtual login

Kai

ZFS Plugin Install Failure on Fresh OS Install

skettydog

Recent Activities

• flmaxey -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

The messages aren't consistent. You might be going down a rabbit hole. The only way to be sure, would be a rebuild.
  • trasherPL -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x my NAS with Asrock J3455-ITX.

Quote from Felix1220: “The MB itself is not perfect, still give me strange errors, but until everything works like i should i will try to ignore it :) 2018-01-20T07:40:28+0100 server kernel: mce: [Hardware Error]: Machine check events…
  • kmal808 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Docker error for unknown service.

So I ran the apt-get purge docker-engine command and the result was: Source Code (1 line) The output of systemctl status docker is: Source Code (46 lines)There's an intersting line at the end: Dec 14 18:38:03 omv dockerd[527]:
  • t3chn0g33kiv -

Now follows flvinny521.

Follow
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

Quote from randomthoughts: “Linux locker.trisect.eu 4.9.2-armada375 ” That's really bad. Kernel 4.9 is an LTS kernel and currently at version 4.9.145 released two days ago. The kernel your OMV instance is using hasn't been patched for over 23 months…
  • randomthoughts -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Unable to install OMV on Ubuntu 18.04 (dependency issue).

To answer tkaiser's question first - root@locker:~# cat /proc/device-tree/model Marvell Armada 375 Development Boardroot@locker:~# root@locker:~# root@locker:~# uname -a Linux locker.trisect.eu 4.9.2-armada375 #1 SMP Mon Jan 23 16:52:54 CET 2017 armv7l…
  • Kai -

Replied to the thread Slight difficulty understanding virtual login.

Quote from guzzisti: “How do you determine, that the passwort area "doe not accept any keyboard entry"? On a linux shell login, the password input does not show any character. Just type in the required password - no character will be shown - and press…
  • skettydog -

Replied to the thread ZFS Plugin Install Failure on Fresh OS Install.

I think I got this figured out. I ended up following the zfsonlinux for Debian guide. github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki…#jessie-to-stretch-update
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread Slight difficulty understanding virtual login.

How do you determine, that the passwort area "doe not accept any keyboard entry"? On a linux shell login, the password input does not show any character. Just type in the required password - no character will be shown - and press enter.
  • guzzisti -

Replied to the thread Fast Write - Slow Read (NFS, SMB, SFTP).

No clue what might be wrong at the moment, just a question: Did you upgrade your installation to the lastest packages (via webgui or apt cli)? My box is running on kernel 4.18.x and my AMD E1-2100, which seems to have a similar performance than slightly…