openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello I am new I am running OMV 5 created some shared folders
    now having issues
    1)i am unable to create new shared folder get the following message

Error #0:OMV\Exception: Failed to create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-2GB/test': in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:325Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\ShareMgmt->set(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('set', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ShareMgmt', 'set', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

2) same time if I open windows network folder and go into 1 of my existing shared folder to create sub-folder and try to create folder there get message " you need permission to perform this action "

3) also I am unable to add any content to my shared folders except 1 " media " i am able to add content there

can anyone…
  • New

Hello,

I have using VMWare ESXI 6.7.0 and have it connected to some NFS shares made in OMV. The thing is, I can mount the share, but can't see anything in it or create/copy anything in it unless I change ACL to allow others to Read/Write/Execute. I can't seem to figure out permissions to do this without letting anything get to the NFS shares and was hoping someone could shed some light on where I am going wrong. I have a user (VMWare) and they are a member of a group (NFS-Share). The user and group have read/write permissions in the "permissions" tab and in ACL. I have also tried making VMWare the owner of the share in ACL, as well as setting the shares group to NFS-Share, but the problem persists. The only way this seems to work is by setting the Others tab to Read/Write/Execute. Anyone here have any thoughts?
  • New

hey guys im having issues with kodi on the shield tv buffering with openmediavault smb i made a movie library in kodi when i try to play a movie it start buffering after a few minutes then it kicks me out.i would like to know is kodi compatible with omv? bcuz i did a smb library before on my nighthawk router and everything was just fine i tried changing the kodi services settings but it did not help.

Thanks

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

shared folders

How do I get CPU temp, hdd Temps and Fan speeds, preferably in netdata container

tinh_x7

Wrong omvextras version uploaded

Kawatreiber7

NFS Share permissions issue with ESXI

[SOLVED-AGAIN!] Airsonic 502 Bad Gateway error

gett

Recent Activities

• boris431 -

Posted the thread OMV 5.x (beta) shared folders.

Thread
    Hello I am new I am running OMV 5 created some shared folders now having issues 1)i am unable to create new shared folder get the following message Error #0:OMV\Exception: Failed to create the directory '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-2GB/test': in…
  • tinh_x7 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x How do I get CPU temp, hdd Temps and Fan speeds, preferably in netdata container.

-v: volume if you run the command manually or from a stack, then you need to add the -v variable.
  • Kawatreiber7 -

Replied to the thread Wrong omvextras version uploaded.

It does not work. I have tried it now I don't know how often it doesn't change. I give up and will reinstall tomorrow. thanks for trying to help.
  • Kawatreiber7 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Wrong omvextras version uploaded.

Like (Post)
    apt-get clean then follow guide. If you use the script, it doesn't matter what version is offered in the web interface.
  • ryecoaaron -

apt-get clean then follow guide. If you use the script, it doesn't matter what version is offered in the web interface.
  • Kawatreiber7 -

Quote from geaves: “Quote from Kawatreiber7: “How do I get it away? ” Here ” I had already tried that. That doesn't work... Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from Kawatreiber7: “I have tried several times to upload the correct version, but under…
  • Kawatreiber7 -

Liked ryecoaaron’s post in the thread Wrong omvextras version uploaded.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kawatreiber7: “I have tried several times to upload the correct version, but under "Extensions" there is always version 5.2.1 which I cannot install. How do I get it away? ” apt-get purge openmediavault-omvextrasorg from the command…
  • Kawatreiber7 -

Liked geaves’s post in the thread Wrong omvextras version uploaded.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Kawatreiber7: “How do I get it away? ” Here
  • Spectre216 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x NFS Share permissions issue with ESXI.

Thread
    Hello, I have using VMWare ESXI 6.7.0 and have it connected to some NFS shares made in OMV. The thing is, I can mount the share, but can't see anything in it or create/copy anything in it unless I change ACL to allow others to Read/Write/Execute. I…
  • gett -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved [SOLVED-AGAIN!] Airsonic 502 Bad Gateway error.

Quote from gett: “Or maybe start all thing from scratch. ” OK, works now. Solution is silly. I start from scratch, Portainer and OMV 5.x All as usual, exept I call airsonic not from mydomain.com/airsonic, but from mydomain.com:4040/airsonic. Works like…