SMB icon is empty on the MAC OS

votdev

OMV don't shows up in windows 10 explorer

crashtest

Best Image for Raspberry Pi 4

Adoby

Recent Activities

• RUsum1 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

I'm getting very close to getting this to work but not fully. I can see my media now but it's saying my connection is indirect. I found this link that describes it. OttoKerner had a couple of suggestions. One is that something changed in the firewall. I…
  • grokov -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Purpose of adding network interface.

Cheeky. :P Some motherboards have the ability to restore old/default settings after unsuccessful modifications/overclocks. I wondered if OMV might have a similar functionality. That would be a cool feature! Technically, an inaccessible device isn't a…
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked gderf’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Like (Post)
    Quote from Agricola: “..........but I think it would be much simpler to have all of your media on one disk. ” Some of us have large collections that span many disks. I have 6 disks that contain media - 27TB and growing. But it did start with one…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Trying to install Plex with Portainer in OMV5.

Plex is very sensitive to permissions. If your media's ownership and permissions are not consistent with Plex's requirements, you will never be able to create libraries.
  • votdev -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SMB icon is empty on the MAC OS.

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) OMV don't shows up in windows 10 explorer.

As a start, this might help -> How-To Whether it works for you or not, please post again (one way or the other). The Windows dev's may be up to something new.
  • RedpaX -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) SMB icon is empty on the MAC OS.

Quote from votdev: “Quote from RedpaX: “yes! its work! OMV5 should not use model = MacSamba in new versions, this is not correct! Correct TimeCapsule or Xserve ” But this is the default that is Samba also using. I can not test it because i do not…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread Best Image for Raspberry Pi 4.

I use the "official" RPi4 image for OMV 4 and I have had no problems at all. Very stable. But I don't use it for anything demanding either. Just backups. I don't use a USB hub. I do use a FLIRC case for cooling. I use a 32GB SanDisk A1 SD card. I don't…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Please wait ... Apply configuration changes.

I am using 4.1.27-1 according to the system information page. My system shouldn't be too slow. I'm running 2x e5-2670. imgur.com/a/y5m6XhB On another note, should I be upgrading to 5.x?
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x HDD's not mounting in OMV.

I run RPi4 with the standard 4 OMV image, a dual bay Startech powered external hard drive enclosure with two 8TB drives in mergerfs configuration. Extremely stable and boring. As I like it. Just works. Very happy with it. Flirc case. I turn it on when I…