openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hi there,

I run OMV from a virtual machine (hosted on Centos) and started off with an 8GB disk (a guide told me to!)

Anyway I need a little more space. Every time I reboot I have to clear out the apt-cache or else I can't log in. It's rather annoying.

So I first re-sized my .img file +10G.

The file on the host, and the disk in the OMV console both show 18GB total now. But the FS won't resize to match.

Question - Should I be trying to resize? Or is there a better solution?
  • New

When I try to search for updates I get the following error
    Any ideas where I could look to fix this?

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; apt-get update 2>&1' with exit code '100': Ign file: InReleaseIgn file: Release.gpgIgn file: ReleaseIgn file: Translation-enIgn debian.heanet.ie jessie InReleaseHit packages.openmediavault.org erasmus InReleaseHit debian.heanet.ie jessie-updates InReleaseGet:1 apt.syncthing.net syncthing InRelease [15.1 kB]E: Release file for debian.heanet.ie/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease is expired (invalid since 172d 10h 22min 0s). Updates for this repository will not be applied.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/apt.inc:219Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceApt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatush6...', '/tmp/bgoutputcT...')#1…
  • New

Hi all,

I'm following the techno dad video and I'm at this point:

I've logged into my router
    Instructions for the router are here: support.netcommwireless.com/si…orwarding-Setup-Guide.pdf

This is what my screen looks like below:. I'm completely stumped as to what to put in there. Techodad says to put a specific IP in, but where did he get that? Is mine different? I have no idea what my interface is meant to look like compared to his also.

I'm sorry for the questions that for many of you will seem stupid but I've not done this kind of thing before and any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/vU1NSrm.png]
  • New

My omv setup has 8 Hard Drives (7200 and 5400) with good transfer rates (+90 to +100 MB/s WRITE). (tested with HELIOS LAN Test)
    FYI: All of those Hard Drives where external 3.5" HDD in an enclosure.
    I dislocated those Hard Drives and put them into an 8 bay enclosure.

However 2 Hard Drives, when put into the same enclosure, have poor transfer rates (10 MB/s).
    (Those drives have also been external ones that I extracted from their case.)
    I switched their places in the enclosure many times to make sure that its the disks and not the SATA connectors of the enclosure that cause the low transfer rate.
    With those 2 drives HELIOS LAN test did't give me any readings but a spinning wheel.
    The 10 MB/s where displayed during the copying of files (via SAMBA share).

I've copied OMV's SMART extended info from the 2 slow drives and from one of the fast drives (full info is in the attached txt files):

slow drive 1:

Source Code

1. smartctl 6.6 2016-05-31 r4324

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

USB errors when using USB 3.0 external disk and SMART

tkaiser

I need some info for my future server - Nas

Samba 4.7.0+ for SMB encryption?

tkaiser

OS disk out of space - what to do?

getName()

After restart, can't load web GUI

getName()

Recent Activities

• Morlan -

Liked DiN0’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 4.x [SOLVED] - Letsencrypt Docker [TechnoDadLife Totorial] - nginx not working.

Like (Post)
    so, i found a solution. when i do all the tasks without the ENV "SUBDOMAINS", just with the "URL" - then it works! after first start of Docker with created cert, i can add "SUBDOMANS" - and now i can use it. thanks @Morlan for your hints by…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread USB errors when using USB 3.0 external disk and SMART.

Quote from cabrio_leo: “How do I know, which chipset ist used by an external USB3 enclosure? ” You need to check vendor and product ID (lsusb on Linux, system_profiler SPUSBDataType or looking into "System Information.app" on macOS, most probably Device…
  • cabrio_leo -

Quote from tkaiser: “JMS578 ” Hi guys, I have a more or less basic (maybe dumb) question: How do I know, which chipset ist used by an external USB3 enclosure? I found this information only in rare cases in the product discription. Sometimes it is…
  • davidh2k -

Liked comptezero’s post in the thread Resolved OMV 4.x Why should you use or not use dockers.

Like (Post)
    This liste of dockerized plug-in smell good! You've tryed apache guacamole in place of shellinbox? guacamole.apache.org/
  • tkaiser -

I gave it a quick try on a RockPro64 with an USB3 attached SSD in a VIA715 based enclosure: The command OMV is using when entering the device page is smartctl -x $device -d sat. I then created 2 GB of data consisting of +5000 files, rsynced them and…
  • tkaiser -

Quote from Kaldek: “But if I go into SMART and click on "Devices" (even with SMART disabled) I get the resets ” Should be reproducable then running one rsync task and smartctl -x for the disk device in question in parallel (behavior should be the same…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Samba 4.7.0+ for SMB encryption?.

Quote from Kaldek: “The bottleneck is not the client as it's getting the aforementioned 102MB/s from the VM server ” Well, with encryption enabled it could've been the client too (since both ends of the connection need to use crypto functions) but your
  • Kaldek -

Quote from tkaiser: “Looks similar to the 'Seagate USB3 disks with Linux' issue (ATA command pass through) as such you could try to UAS blacklist the product and device ID: options usb-storage quirks=059f:106f:u as outlined in the link above. Please…
  • getName() -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x OS disk out of space - what to do?.

Did you use ext4? This can be resized quite well, but of course you should not use it during resize. Mount a livestick or similar. The main question to me is, why do you use more than 8gb. Standard installations should not be that big, afaik.
  • L4celek -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x OS disk out of space - what to do?.

Thread
    Hi there, I run OMV from a virtual machine (hosted on Centos) and started off with an 8GB disk (a guide told me to!) Anyway I need a little more space. Every time I reboot I have to clear out the apt-cache or else I can't log in. It's rather…