openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

My system has 2 network adapters - onboard realtek (eno1) and pcie dual port intel (enp6s0f0 and enp6s0f1). I use ip on eno1 for WebUI so there is almost no traffic, and I have a an ip camera configured to store video to the ip of enp6s0f0 which transfers about 5Mbs. But graphs in omv performance statistics (and also values shown by saidar) show traffic values the other way round. Report tab shows everything as it should be in network interfaces section, I can also see opened connection from the camera to ip of correct NIC. So - any reason why that may be?
  • New

Fresh Install. Boots up to a login text screen asking for Login and Password. Nothing is working. Keeps telling me to use the default web control panel administrator account. User name : admin Password: openmediavault

Tried that , admin and root password from set up...everything. all fail. Anything I am missing here?
  • New

Hi,

I want to install OMV on a Dell PowerEdge R510 with Broadcom network cards.

Debian 9 and 10 does have problems with the Broadcom network cards.
    I tried the ISO which does already include the firmware files in /firmware.
    The network cards are detect from installer, but no network connection is possible.

Should the firmware get automatically loaded when booting the Debian or OMV installer, or do i still have to manually install the driver from the usb drive?
    How can i check what is going on with the network cards inside busybox?

Can i install OMV without internet connection?
    It seams the installer won't pass the archive mirror options without internet connection...
  • New

Hi Guys,

I have a weird one. I have a movie folder which is shared. Permissions set to everyone and works great. Have sonarr move completed downloads to this folder and works. But after a day or so, sometime a week, this folder will randomly lose its permissions and get set to read only.
    When I try reset the permissions with the resetperm plugin it will fail, then I reboot my OMV server, reset permissions again then it succeeds. Then the folders permissions will be fine for a couple of days then at random become read only again. This is super annoying and just cant figure out what would cause the folder to lose its permissions and become read only.

Any suggestions would be of great assistance,

Regards

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Make SabNZBd use VPN-tunnel of haugene/transmission-openvpn?

Share Folder will revert to read only after resetting permissions

Adoby

Portainer/Docker issues

AustinML

Debian - Firmware Broadcom bnx2

donh

NICs statistics mixed up

Recent Activities

• PeteyBling -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Make SabNZBd use VPN-tunnel of haugene/transmission-openvpn?.

Thread
    Hello folks! I managed to setup haugene/transmission-openvpn by the help of TechnoDadLife's video. In this video he says, that other docker containers can use the VPN tunnel of it. I would like to use SabNZBd to use ist. Somebody mentioned in the…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Share Folder will revert to read only after resetting permissions.

OK. Then my diagnosis most likely is wrong... Sorry...
  • AustinML -

Replied to the thread Portainer/Docker issues.

• donh -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Debian - Firmware Broadcom bnx2.

Does a clean install of debian work? I am using proxmox (based on debian) on an r715 eith those nics. They worked fine without any attention. They have been around long enough the should be supported by debian out of the box.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Share Folder will revert to read only after resetting permissions.

Quote from Adoby: “I don't know what "none" translates to as a path. But I fear that it means that docker thinks it owns all your shares and is free to adjust the permissions everywhere. And that you now know what is causing your problems. ” "None"…
  • Hi guys, I just did a fresh, clean install of OMV5 on Raspberry Pi 4 with a WD external USB3 Hard Drive as storage. Everything works perfectly, as a charm! Only issue I had, was that after a reboot, Docker became corrupt and running docker or
  • Adoby -

I don't know what "none" translates to as a path. But I fear that it means that docker thinks it owns all your shares and is free to adjust the permissions everywhere. And that you now know what is causing your problems. Here you can see what is inside…
  • IsochronousAardwolf -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x NICs statistics mixed up.

Thread
    My system has 2 network adapters - onboard realtek (eno1) and pcie dual port intel (enp6s0f0 and enp6s0f1). I use ip on eno1 for WebUI so there is almost no traffic, and I have a an ip camera configured to store video to the ip of enp6s0f0 which…
  • gderf -

Quote from AustinML: “I'm not really sure - whatever installs standard with OMV5 I guess? ” In the shell run: uname -a Or login to the WebUI and read the System Information screen.
  • AustinML -

I'm not really sure - whatever installs standard with OMV5 I guess?