openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Check Hard Drive Spin State

Omv on raspberry pi 3 running out of space with error "Failed to execute operation: no space left.on device"

orcaja

Raspberry pi no space left on device

Flash Memory Plugin

Adoby

Upgrade errors

jgeils

Recent Activities

• Jacobo1223 -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Check Hard Drive Spin State.

Thread
    Does anybody know how to check the Spinning state of Hard Drives ? I've set them to spin down after 10 minutes although they audibly don't sound like they spin down. I assumed the information would be In SMART but couldn't find anything ? Have I missed…
  • How do you relocate plex database?
  • orcaja -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Raspberry pi no space left on device.

Thread
    I was trying to install lyche on my raspberry pi, but I got this message : "failed to register layer: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/libexec/git-core/mergetools/codecompare: no space left on device". This is the message about my…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Flash Memory Plugin.

Quote from sweetbb: “I might even try putting in larger disks to see if it works. ” You may want to start by trying to find updated hardware compatibility lists for your NAS.
  • jgeils -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Resolved Update Upgrade errors.

I did the command you said with these results. I also asked the systems administrator to check the settings. He fixed the gateway and its happy now. Thank you. dig httpredir.debian.org ; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> httpredir.debian.org ;; global…
  • mopedfahrer -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Performance decrease after patches....

Thanks for request! Is it ok for you with the link: ix.io/1JPO
  • pseudocode -

Replied to the thread Approved method for adding SSL chain file.

This is an old thread but I couldn't find a response or documentation anywhere, so I wanted to point out that simply chaining the certificates in the UI now works. i.e. in the certificate section, put the site certificate, then any chained certificates…
  • tkaiser -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Update Performance decrease after patches....

Since you're running on ARM can you please provide output from sudo armbianmonitor -u (requires logging in via SSH).
  • mateMathieu -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (development) Update Openmediavault 5.0-1 and OMV-Extras.

Thank you for this extended answer. Most of what you assume is right. I switched to a single drive install scheme rather and I'll try later. My intend was to evaluate the stability benefits for a soft btrfs RAID array, by moving its caching to a…
  • mopedfahrer -

Posted the thread OMV 4.x Update Performance decrease after patches....

Thread
    Hi, running OMV on Odroid XU4 with version 4.1.22-1 / Kernel 4.14.111. Since installing latest updates during last week, mainly about Samba I think, I am experiencing a noticable performance decrease. Having ormerly about 60 MB/s, have decreased to 1.5-2…