The open network attached storage solution

News

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Can't move files between shared folders on the same array

subzero79

Restoring

gderf

OMV create raid5 without partitions - bad or good practice ?

Nextcloud -- Mass Data Migration (file permissions problem)

Morlan

Reboot after wakeup

Recent Activities

• subzero79 -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Can't move files between shared folders on the same array.

If there are in the same fs why don’t you make the whole drive a shared folder then it should move it instantly using the local file explorer.
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Restoring.

Quote from Blebbens: “Could you tell me what kind of data was backupped then, please? And, I do not remember what users and shared folders to create. How is it possible to put back the existing RAID to work? ” I do not use any of the OMV plugins to…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread Nextcloud -- Mass Data Migration (file permissions problem).

The user who runs the docker container is specified by the pgid and puid (which you get when you enter id user in cli). This user needs the rights the modify the folders. This is usually not the case when you copy in external files as root. A restart of…
  • Blebbens -

Could you tell me what kind of data was backupped then, please? And, I do not remember what users and shared folders to create. How is it possible to put back the existing RAID to work?
  • netrunner -

Posted the thread Reboot after wakeup.

Thread
    Hello there, I'm pretty new in OMV. I have dedicated server for backup of my main NAS, both OMV. All work like a charm. Except I'm not able to suspend and wakeup my backup server correctly. I have alarm set on the MoBo to 02:25. Then I have scheduled…
  • gderf -

Quote from Blebbens: “Now I do not know how the restore the old settings (users, file system, RAID, file sharing (german translation)). At first I would search for the plugin, trying to restore the backup and later (after rebooting ?) I would…
  • Adoby -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Can't move files between shared folders on the same array.

No. Not unless you use the command line. Then it is very simple. Even if OMV got a file explorer it would not be possible to move files between separate filesystems without copy+delete. Each share is a separate filesystem. If the file explorer allowed…
  • TheBadFrag -

So unless OMV gets a file explorer build-in there's no way to move files between shares on the same drive without copy+delete?
  • Adoby -

Quote from TheBadFrag: “Can you confirm that midnight commander can move files between shares and not just copy+delete? ” Midnight Commander cannot move files between shares without copy+delete. Midnight Commander can move files locally between two…