openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Hello altogether!

I installed OMV 4.1.22 on my selfbuild last weekend. Everything works fine. I have access to my data from everywhere in my house, could use SFTP and so on. Actually I installed the OMV-extras to have access to more plugins.
    Ok, now I have some problems.
    I can't install every plugin from OMV-extras and I don't know why. In particular I want to install the RDP Plugin. If I check the plugin and click on "Install" I only get the message as shwon in the picture in the attachment.
    Installing the SFTP plugin was fine and runs well.

I got a hint in another forum that it could be my RAM so I tested it with memtest86. All 4 passes without any errors after 2,5 hours.

Now I have no more ideas. Can somebody help me?

My used hardware (old but runs well)
    ASrock Q1900 ITX mit integriertem Intel Q1900
    WD Red 4TB
    4GB DDR3 1600
    BeQuiet System Power 7 300 Watt

regards
    sgt.luk3
  • New

Cannot create and browse the NFS share created on OMV5 in KODI app on Nvidia Shield. I can mount and browse the NFS share on another computer.

I can though browse the share if I create a source.xml file with the path pre set, but I cannot scan the library.

With the exact same setup in OMV4 there is no problem to browse the NFS share in KODI.
    Has anyone else had the same experience on OMV5 as me? For me this seems like a bug of some sort?

There is also another bug that is always coming up as soon as I change some settings in OMV5. One example: IF I delete one NFS share and then go to "Shared Folders" tab, I always get this error warning below. And the shared folder and all the other folders has dissapeared, the remaining shared folders only shows up again after a reboot. This was just one example.

Source Code

1. Error #0:
    2. OMV\Exception: Couldn't extract an UUID from the provided path '/sharedfolders/Series-Pool'. in
  • New

Immediate error when trying to install openmediavault-transmissionbt 4.0 - any idea on how to resolve this?

Shell-Script

1. >>> *************** Error ***************
    2. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-transmissionbt 2>&1' with exit code '100': E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
    3. <<< *************************************

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Browsing NFS share on KODI client not working !!

nightrider

Disk failure during RAID 5 rebuild

brifletch

Install Plex Media Server without Docker

ryecoaaron

Nextcloud install at OMV 4.x ?

lelos09

System Disk is full

ryecoaaron

Recent Activities

• nightrider -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Browsing NFS share on KODI client not working !!.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I can't tell where the problem is here. Are you trying to use the unionfilesystem plugin to pool a remotemount nfs share? ” First: Scanning the library problem can have been my fault, I made a mistake in the docker-compose…
  • brifletch -

Replied to the thread Disk failure during RAID 5 rebuild.

Quote from geaves: “why, don't know really, perhaps it's a nostalgia thing ” Sounds like we're quite similar ... I just can't bear to get rid of anything - physical, or digital!! Thanks for the additional advice. I'll be swapping the remaining…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install Plex Media Server without Docker.

Quote from gderf: “For these types of the docker there is no need to update to the latest version of the docker in order to be able to keep the application current. Just restart the container. Also, for these types of the docker updating the docker to…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Resolved Install Plex Media Server without Docker.

Some, but perhaps not all Plex dockers do not contain the actual application - they download it when first run. For these dockers the mechanism used to check for and obtain an update to a newer version of the application is to restart the container. If…
  • lelos09 -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Nextcloud install at OMV 4.x ?.

yes of course as the video, should i use something else?
  • TechnoDadLife -

Liked stefan1983’s post in the thread OMV 5.x (beta) Portainer: Much Ado About Nothing.

Like (Post)
    Hi guys, regarding portainer I've got two things...: 1) There is already a pretty handy feature in portainer which enables updating containers very easily! That alone is a feature which should everyone prefer portainer over OMVs build-in docker…
  • ryecoaaron -

Replied to the thread System Disk is full.

Your du command should have to the -x flag to not traverse other filesystems. That way, you will still see usage in /srv even in filesystems are mounted on the subdirectories. sudo du -x -d1 -h / | sort -h
  • sgt.luk3 -

Replied to the thread J5005 build.

@Glider_bum You could replace the Core500 with a Node304. You have more 3.5" slots there and its very small, too.
  • cabrio_leo -

Liked Adoby’s post in the thread System Disk is full.

Like (Post)
    And to make matters worse. The junk files may be hidden... If some job (or you), at one time, wrote a bunch of backup files, or whatever, to a mount point that wasn't mounted, it is possible that the mount point in question now is mounted. then the…
  • ryecoaaron -

Quote from gderf: “One thing that is not all that well understood is that updates to a Plex Docker are not the same thing as updates to the Plex Media Server application that is being run by the docker. These are two very different things. ” Can you…