openmediavault

The open network attached storage solution

News

• New

Had my Rasberry Pi running OMV for couple of days. Couple of questions:

A) I have 2 different size external HDD's connected to it. Is there way to autobackup one shared folder (for example DATA-folder that i have created) to both drives, without mirroring with Raid1 both drives together? Only need this one folder to be backed up automatically to both drives.

B) In case my Pi dies, i recorn these are normal formated ext4-drives that i can plug into my Win10-device and load them with something like Ext2Read? Is there something i should consider in "catastrophic failure" happens to my Pi?
  • New

I have an old external HDD that i am trying to setup in OMV as a simple Samba share. I've connected it, mounted it etc, but when I navigate to it I can't see any of the existing folders or files on it. The HDD shows that it has media on it under storage.

Is there a way I can simply inherit the existing folder/file structure into my new OMV setup? Or do I need to create new shared folders of the existing folders that are already on the HDD? If so, is there a way of listing all of the folders on the external HDD as I can no longer see them and can't remember all the of the individual names.
  • New

Hi
    I was replice one HDD in my RAID6 and I can't assemble now drive.
    I was delete filesystem to can stop mdadm and use command sudo mdadm -C /dev/md127 --assume-clean --level=6 --raid-devices=4 /dev/sdb /dev/sdc /dev/sdd /dev/sde
    now i have nothing... pleas healp me:(

Source Code

1. /dev/sdb1: UUID="babe33cf-3f47-408a-adbc-f734b4822555" TYPE="ext4" PARTUUID="916131fd-01"
    2. /dev/sdb5: UUID="a785d4b6-e96b-4298-929f-b8016185502b" TYPE="swap" PARTUUID="916131fd-05"
    3. /dev/sdc: UUID="13c08ee8-50a9-8d2b-bf97-5654b9ba8ff1" UUID_SUB="1b3077dc-36aa-1464-3e84-98c36a1a4a01" LABEL="nas:Raid6" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    4. /dev/sda: UUID="172fada9-4237-450b-1bd6-a70db7d74b63" UUID_SUB="8ee94d27-7512-09b7-d6e8-fa176826690c" LABEL="nas:127" TYPE="linux_raid_member"
    5. /dev/sdd: UUID="172fada9-4237-450b-1bd6-a70db7d74b63"

Unread Threads

Topic Replies Last Reply

Docker Failing to Start When Using Back-up docker Folder

problemss

mellanox connectX3 card help

gderf

Plex Update

dublimns

BackBlaze Plugin?

dublimns

Rebuilding greyhole pool after reinstalling OMV

dublimns

Recent Activities

• problemss -

Replied to the thread Docker Failing to Start When Using Back-up docker Folder.

Thank you both for you help. I was able to get it back up and running by moving it back into a btrfs filesystem. I guess I need to do some research on how to properly backup my images.
  • subzero79 -

this was discussed here forum.openmediavault.org/index…mpose%2Bdocker#post173490 but testing the python tool doesn't work any more. You can try playing with docker commit, export and import, it will take a while for sure.
  • problemss -

Thank you. I just found that out on a docker forum. Looks like you have to do a special save/import to bring it to another filesystem. I just figured out how to mount the remaining space on my SD card and I will be transferring it back onto my btrfs…
  • subzero79 -

MOving from btrfs to ext4 don't think that will work. Back long time ago I tried something similar and didn't work. Your current running instance of docker best thing you can do is export each container as docker compose yaml files, then set up a clean…
  • serkan190 -

Liked crashtest’s post in the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Like (Post)
    Quote from serkan190: “How to back up the memory card ” There's a process for cloning SD-cards in this -> guide. OS backup starts on page 75 (in this version). If your language is not English and there is no link to your language, follow the link to…
  • serkan190 -

Liked macom’s post in the thread New approach for Raspberry Pi OMV images.

Like (Post)
    For example with Win32Diskimager on Windows or fsarchiver on Linux.
  • problemss -

So I found the setting in /etc/docker/daemon.json I had to add "storage-driver": "overlay2" It will not start (small win), but it is not pulling up my previous docker images. Going to dive into that a bit more.
  • problemss -

I have the noexec flag removed from /etc/openmediavault/config.xml as I needed exec for another app. I tried again and received the following from systemctl status docker docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine Loaded: loaded…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x mellanox connectX3 card help.

Don't focus on OMV for compatibility. It's Debian under the hood. My guess is that you will never see the speeds that a card like that is capable unless you have a large array of fast disks that are in a stripe set.
  • dublimns -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Plex Update.

Following that plex guide is the best way. When you enable the plex repo in omv-extras, it add the repo pretty much the same as the guide. Updates will show up in the Updates tab when using either. Just don't install the plugin. apt-get install…