External hard drive not showing up in RAID

chaosiii

Snapraid Disaster?

gderf

Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700

• KuZu
  • KuZu

KuZu

Neue Hardware - CRC-Fehler in JDownloader New Hardware - CRC Errors in JDownloader

Please wait ... Apply configuration changes

Quiksmage

Recent Activities

• chaosiii -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x External hard drive not showing up in RAID.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from table681: “So just to clarify there is no way I can use external hard drives in a raid array. ” There is no way to create an array from the web interface using usb drives. Quote from table681: “Can I ask why? (I…
  • gderf -

Replied to the thread Snapraid Disaster?.

Quote from curious1: “Quote from henfri: “dmesg > /dmesg.txt ” Nothing ” You won't see any screen output for this. It was redirected to the file /dmesg.txt
  • curious1 -

Quote from henfri: “dmesg |head ” [ 0.000000] microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x27, date = 2019-02-26 [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian…
  • curious1 -

Quote from henfri: “dmesg |head ” [ 0.000000] microcode: microcode updated early to revision 0x27, date = 2019-02-26 [ 0.000000] Linux version 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc version 6.3.0 20170516 (Debian…
  • KuZu -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x Dell R710 NAS and Media server - PERC H700.

It's a 2u server. Been looking at a lot of this stuff lately, would seem like the H200 would be a better fit due to how the chassis was designed, the H310 cards ports would be blocked off. Is it easy to flash a card to a different firmware? Any idea…
  • Quiksmage -

Replied to the thread Please wait ... Apply configuration changes.

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If you have a large amount of filesystems, it can take a long time too. ” That would make sense I guess since I'm using about 26 disks now. Thanks for letting me know! Quote from ryecoaaron: “ Depends. If your Linux…
  • tannaroo -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

i cant connect to openmediavault network at all, so i have just entered the ip address of OMV within file explorer to access. i guess i am doing this wrong?
  • fanex -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x NanoPi M4 3-bay or 4-bay MicroNAS 7.7TB+ RAID-storage - most compact and low consumption.

I don't know, does it counts, but I installed OMV5 (and returned to OMV4) on my netgear Stora NAS. Conveniently Netgear stops support this NAS and recommends backup all data and throw device you paid for away. I used single usb port for 8Gb usb…
  • Morlan -

Replied to the thread OMV 4.x URBackup Server NEWBIE.

Can't reproduce the issue. Are you connecting to the folder via samba? With which user?
  • Hallo Zusammen Ich bin neu und habe keine Ahnung, soviel zu meinem Ist-Zustand. Ich würde gerne für ein Projekt eine Webseite machen und Videos welche ich auf einem Odroid HC-2 gespeichert habe bzw. auf deren Festplatte und mit OMV läuft, darauf…